Work for Vail Resorts
Mountain Dining Staff - Vail Mountain Dining - FT & PT
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Join Vail Mountain Dining’s colorful cast of characters for the 2016-2017 winter season! We are searching for quality-driven, hospitality-oriented individuals, who are looking to work with a team that is committed to excellence. You will have the opportunity to ski or ride to and from your restaurant in addition to a free meal every day worked! Join us and have your experience of a lifetime!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- This position is responsible for handling general restaurant duties. The ideal candidate is someone who will keep moving at all times while on duty, and has an eye for details.
- Must be motivated and able to work independently.
- This is a guest service role, and requires the ability to greet guests in a friendly manner and answer any guest questions.
- Duties may vary on a daily basis.
- Must be willing and able to operate a cash register and prepare or serve food.
- Responsible for bussing tables, stocking product and beverages, handling trash and recyclables, maintaining cleanliness of service areas, bathrooms and kitchen, dishwashing, shoveling snow, and other duties as needed.
- Assists in stocking product, and beverages throughout the day.
- Positive attitude and a strong work ethic are a must - required.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40+ lbs - required.
- Must be able to stand for 8+ hours - required.
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 26th through January 2nd, Presidents’ Day Weekend, and any other holidays as requested - required.
- High school diploma or equivalent - preferred.
- Previous customer service experience - preferred.
- Cash handeling skills - preferred.
- Basic knowledge of the Spanish language - preferred.
Compensation: Staring at $10.00/hr
Where You Could Be Working:
Located at the base of Mountaintop Express Lift (#4) and Wildwood Express Lift (#3), Mid-Vail was the first restaurant on Vail Mountain and offers a variety of food options in a wide selection of dining atmospheres. At the very top of Mid-Vail, the Look Ma level offers a casual dining experience, where you can grab a burger and fries, a gourmet deli sandwich or one of their signature chicken pot pies. Enjoy Asian cuisine, sushi, make-your-own-salads, homemade pizza or fish tacos at the Terrace level just below Look Ma. Looking for something quick and convenient? Sarge’s outdoor BBQ at the Terrace level offers delicious grilled items, a great option on a sunny day.
Golden Peak Grill
Located at the bottom of Riva Bahn Express Lift (#6) in the lower floor of the Golden Peak building, Golden Peak Grill makes a hearty statement with its food. The Grill has an eclectic mix of food to meet all tastes, including made-to-order sandwiches, pizza, salads and more – all out of one open kitchen. Don’t miss their amazing hand-packed sliders with hand cut fries! Vail’s world class 22’ half pipe and freestyle terrain park are located just steps away.
This incredible mountaintop restaurant is reminiscent of the old great lodges one would see in a national park. With its spectacular views and world famous ski mountain cuisine, this is a must stop for every visitor to Vail Mountain. Two Elk is located at 11,240 feet at the top of Sourdough Express Lift (#14), Sun Up Lift (#17) and Tea Cup Express Lift (36). The largest on-mountain dining facility is the perfect stop for adventurers headed into Vail’s legendary Blue Sky Basin, China Bowl, Siberia Bowl, Tea Cup Bowl or Sun Up Bowl. Two Elk’s menu includes a large salad bar, tasty oven baked pizzas, delicious wraps, pasta, an American grill, a specialty station and southwestern soups and chilies to complement its Native American atmosphere.
Eagle’s Nest sits at the top of the Eagle Bahn Gondola (#19) overlooking Mount of the Holy Cross. The Marketplace on the picturesque third floor offers cuisine for skiers and riders on the run, including sandwiches, homemade soups, the famous Epic Burger, a full salad bar and more! Craving for something more Italian? Check out Gondoly’s Pizza on the first floor, which offers individual pizzas or an entire large pie.
Craving authentic BBQ two miles high? Yes, please! Located at 11,000 feet at the top of Wildwood Express Lift (#3) and Game Creek Express Lift (#7), you’ll find great views and excellent access to Game Creek and Sun Down Bowl. Wildwood has been a longtime favorite of guests and locals alike. Enjoy the selection of award-winning smoked sandwiches, soups, and a large assortment of goodies baked fresh daily. “Smokin – Two Miles High!”
Located above Patrol Headquarters at the top of Northwoods Express Lift (#11), Mountaintop Express Lift (#4), and High Noon Lift (#5), Buffalo’s is an excellent spot to stop for a quick bite before jumping into the Back Bowls. Warm up inside with the famous buffalo stew or enjoy the outside deck alongside the Roadhouse Grill for a delicious buffalo burger.
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 124127
Tourism - Travel
29 days ago