Work for Vail Resorts
Manager Photographer - EpicMix - FT - Winter Seasonal (7 Months)
Truckee, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
As an EpicMix Manager you will be responsible for the people taking photographs capturing the Experience of a Lifetime for thousands of guests. EpicMix managers will assign photographers to different locations (zones) on and off the mountain and expected to work in all weather conditions indicative of the alpine environment of the resort.
EpicMix photo manager must be knowledgeable of mountain operation, staffing procedures, creating and editing budgets, photography, and federal and California labor laws.
The manager should possess all the skill sets of the photographer; preferably the manager should have professional photography experience and worked in retail sales position. The Manager will be responsible for training, oversight and daily management tasks. They will be responsible for the daily opening and or closing of the office, daily photo reviews, and monitoring the safekeeping and transportation of equipment in and out of the office.
Most importantly, all EpicMix photographers must be passionate about photography, must be passionate working with people, and take pride in capturing and delivering the highest quality images possible.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create, communicate and impliment all company and department safety procedures
- Train how to capture highest quality and expected quantity and photo sessions of photographs following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure quality standards and department goals are being met
- Teach photographers a solid understanding of basic photographic concepts of proper exposure, proper focus; able to operate and adjust a DSLR accordingly
- Comfortable training use with a Nikon DSLR camera
- Willing and able to work outdoors in all weather conditions that one would experience in the alpine environment of the resort.
- Coach, train and provide a high level of proactive guest service in all guest interactions
- Coach, train and provide assistance in sales locations
- Photograph, print and sell, photos, following specific program SOPs
- Provide support to all photographers
- Print and sell 5x7 photos using windows based photo software
- Capture/Print & Sell expected quantity of high quality photos and photo sessions to ensure department goals are met
- Open and / or close office on a daily basis
- Conduct morning meetings
- Perform daily photo review
- Monitoring and safekeeping of camera kits and equipment in office and on mountain
- Daily oversight of photographers on the mountain
- Assist and train with any photo operation related tasks, including but not limited to; equipment care & maintenance, photo back up and review
- Bachelors preferred
- Strong computer skills
- Must have the ability to communicate fluently (written and oral) in English
- Excellent guest service skills
- Passion for photography
- Must be outgoing and engaging
- Must be able and willing to work outdoors in variable weather conditions indicative of the High Alpine environment.
- Ability to stand up to 8 hours during shift
- Must be able to work weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to lift 40+ lbs
- Must be able to commit to scheduled hours and dates
- Cash handling experience
- Advanced knowledge of camera settings, portraiture and the ability to teach those skills to photographers
- Proven leadership skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Photography Experience 1-2 years in a professional setting.
- Previous retail sales and or customer service experience
- 3 year guest relations experience
- Previous management experience
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127371
Tourism - Travel
5 months ago