Work for Vail Resorts
Manager of European Accounting
Munich, Germany, DE
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Mountain News (MNC) is a subsidiary of Vail Resorts (New York Stock Exchange listed company under the ticker MTN) and is the publisher of OnTheSnow, Skiinfo, Mountaingetaway, Bergleben and the Ski & Snow Report mobile app. MNC specializes in reaching the mountain travel consumer audience and offers its partners impactful multi-channel opportunities. With a global reach of more than 29 million unique visitors each year, MNC operates 26 global websites in 14 different languages.
The Manager of European Accounting located in Munich, Germany will lead the European accounting function for Germany, France, Italy and Norway, reporting to the Director, Global Operations who is located in Broomfield, Colorado. Responsibilities will include monthly preparation and analysis of consolidated European financial statements, monthly reconciliation of accounts, compliance with local and U.S. GAAP requirements and additional ad-hoc analysis as required.
- Lead the accounting function in the German, French, Italian and Norwegian markets supervising a team of internal and external resources in these markets.
- Reconciliation of all contracts to determine proper revenue recognition.
- Monthly financial reporting including balance sheets, income statements, reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts and consolidation to the U.S. parent including foreign exchange calculations.
- Review of monthly financials including analysis of variances to budget, forecast and prior year.
- Knowledge of local statutory filing requirements and collaboration with external tax advisors on annual statutory financial reporting.
- Annual preparation of European budgets and monthly forecasting (P&L, cash flow and capital).
- Adhoc European financial analyses.
- German payroll preparation and HR administration.
- Degree in Accounting with 5+ years experience.
- Experience with U.S. GAAP and basic foreign currency translation.
- Fluent in German and English.
- Preferred knowledge of Quickbooks and experience with an online publisher or in digital media.
- Ability to adapt, reimagine and thrive in an environment of change and innovation.
*Will accept applications in German or English.
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 123775
2 months ago