Work for Vail Resorts
Avon, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Maintenance Technician will perform routine, preventative and emergency maintenance on a variety of mechanical, HVAC and commercial kitchen equipment. The Department is responsible for facilities and operations maintenance in support of Beaver Creek's operations groups. Show the abilities to perform these tasks in an unsupervised enviroment. Must have and use good common sense and decision making in the face of adverse electro-mechanical failures.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Repair plumbing and mechanical systems, kitchen equipment, lighting, etc as assigned
- Perform preventative maintenance on systems and kitchen equipment as assigned
- Track time and materials on specific work orders and turn in appropriate paperwork
- Identify and order parts required for maintenance systems
- Communicate with facility managers, employees, and department regarding work status
- Promote and exhibit safety in the work place. Maintain a Professional appearance
- Other duties as assigned by Manager, Maintenance Coordinator, or Lead Technicians
- High School Diploma or equivalent - required
- Must be team player with a strong willingness to learn
- Basic computer understanding - required
- Vaild US Driver's License - required
- Previous Maintenance work experience - required
- Must be able to communicate in English, verbally and in writing
- Must be able to work unsupervised, as well as part of team
- Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs
- Must be able to work weekends, nights, and holidays
- Must be comfortable woking outside in extreme weather conditions
- Job requires standing for long periods of time, frequent walking, reaching, climbing and good balance, kneeling crouching and crawling.
- Knowledge of Beaver Creek - preferred
- Knowledge of proper use of power tools and hand tools - required
- Skiing or snowboarding experience at intermediate levels - required
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 124640
Tourism - Travel
5 months ago