Work for Vail Resorts
Loss Prevention Officer - The Lodge at Vail, a Rock Resort
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Nestled at the base of Vail Mountain, in the heart of the renowned Vail Village, The Lodge at Vail combines a perfect location and exemplary service with the famously classic ambiance of an alpine-inspired Vail hotel. Experience all that this Vail resort has to offer with one of our Vail vacation packages while you take in the majestic Rocky Mountain views, relax in our lavish Vail spa and of course, ski the best snow in the world. In addition, Vail offers a wealth of incredible summer activities, from golf to rafting to mountain biking and beyond. No matter whether it's winter or summer, you'll find the same great service, attention to detail, and incredible luxury hotel experience at The Lodge at Vail.
The Loss Prevention Officer is responsible for Safety and Security of the Lodge at Vail Resort, colleagues, guests and owners, as well as property assets.
Essential job functions include but are not limited to:
- Detects potential sources of security and safety hazards, responds to emergencies, handles complaints, investigates and compiles reports in a professional and hospitable manner.
- Monitor CCTV system.
- Maintain accurate records while performing daily duties including camera monitoring, shift activity, guest and employee incidents.
- Resolve difficult guest situations in a professional and hospitable manner.
- Must be able to communicate with management and colleagues in an effective and professional manner.
- Must be able to maintain a calm and professional demeanor during various situations.
- Must be able to work all shifts with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to learn quickly to work in various situations.
- This can be an overnight postion.
- Attend to all Bell and Valet duties as needed.
- Record all meter reading for engineering (Overnight Shift).
- Fulfill all housekeeping requests as needed (Overnight Shift).
- High School Diploma, Tech or Trade School. -required
- Basic computer skills. -required
- CPR and First Aid certification. -required
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook. -required
- Must be able to communication effectively and tactfully in English, both written and verbal. -required
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. -required
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time. -required
- Must have a valid drivers license. -required
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, weekends and holidays. -required
- EMT certification. -preferred
- Previous Law enforcement, security, EMS and/or fire experience. -preferred
- Previous experience in security or loss prevention. -preferred
- Conversational Spanish or other languages helpful. -preferred
- Must be able to work overnight shifts. -required
Learn more about:
Vail Resorts Grooming Policy: Vail Hospitality's Grooming policy may be slightly more stringent due to our luxury brand.
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127357
3 months ago