Work for Vail Resorts
Loss Prevention Manager - The Lodge at Vail
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Loss Prevention Manager - The Lodge at Vail a RockResort - Full Time, Year Round - Vail, CO
Summary of Job:
Responsible for outside work (patrol, walking property, locking doors, reporting issues) or inside work (answering phones, monitoring cameras). Assist guest, residents, and employees with vehicle pull-outs, jump-starts, vehicle unlocks, intrusion alarms, and motor vehicle accidents as well as assisting with traffic control. Responds to fire, medical and security concerns, enforces regulations. Ensures proper documentation of all incidents.
Provides day to day work to direction to other team members. In addition to performing security work, this is a management position for the security function, with direct reports, providing day-to-day work direction to security team members, Enforces policies and procedures; trains and guides staff as needed; and resolves issues and problems. Responsible for performance management/evaluations, hiring/staffing and scheduling. May be responsible for special department projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for access and key control, distribution and inventory. Including but not limited to assigning and monitoring keys, radios, wires, vacuums, and parking passes. They will conduct lock reads for any rooms that have a security issue or complaint. The LP manager will be the point person for all ving card issues that arise.
- Responsible for training and implementation of safety and emergency procedures for our associates and guests. Must be able to maintain a calm professional demeanor during various situations. Must maintain a positive and optimistic attitude at all times. Ensure the completion of accurate records while performing daily duties including camera monitoring, shift activity, guest and employee incidents. Must be able to keep information confidential.
- Responsible for hotel safety audits in all areas, including but not limited to hallways, stair wells, meeting rooms, fitness rooms, locker rooms, pool, spa, kitchen, parking garage, parking lot, restaurant, back of house areas, and outside of building. The LP manager will be responsible to ensure all incidents have an Incident Report completed by a member of the LP team. They will ensure that each department and each area has the required safety items at all times by conducting periodic audits.
- Responsible to patrol the hotel in guest areas, outside of building, parking areas, pool and spa as well as back of house space. This will include a post guest checkout audit of departure rooms to check safes, look for lost items and general condition of the room. This will include taking action for anything found that does not coincide with our policy. Oversee all incident reports and provide monthly updates to the executive team on loss time, report only and YTD spend.
- Will be the first responder for all medical, security, and safety related issues that come up with guests or associates. Will also be the first responder to guest issues and complaints that need further investigation. Responsible to investigate in a professional and hospitable manner and compile a report. Ensure consistency through continuous quality control and training.
- Will attend each departments stand up meetings on a weekly basis to conduct safety trainings as well as lead the safety committee for the hotel. Provide bi weekly training topics to all departments along with sign offs
Will conduct monthly department meetings for Loss Prevention. Must be able to communicate with management and colleagues in an effective and professional manner.
- Responsible for handling all lost and found issues. Oversees the operation of the Shipping & Receiving department to control losses upon accepting, delivering and shipping hotel and guest items. Ensure procedures are established to prevent/ minimize the loss from theft and other safety risks. Maintain reports and records on all loss and safety incidents and implement system or procedure enhancement from information learned during investigations.
- In charge of staffing, hiring, training, performance evaluations, time and labor management, and scheduling for the loss prevention department including day shift and overnight shift. Will have a flexible schedule based on changing business needs
- Will function as MOD for the hotel when on duty as well as assist other departments when needed including helping park vehicles, greeting customers, and assisting with answering phones and talking to customers. They will act as a witness for other managers when they have a sensitive subject matter to discuss with their associates.
- High School Diploma, Tech or Trade School. -required
- 3-5 years Loss Prevention experience. -required
- Previous Supervisory Experience. -required
- CPR and First Aid certification. -required
- EMT certification. -preferred
- Basic Computer Skills. -required
- Ability to read, write and speak english. -required
- Willing to work nights, weekends and holidays. Flexible shifts and flexible days off. -required
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. -required
- Must have a valid driver's license. -required
- Must be able to stand or walk briskly for long periods of time. -required
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127801
4 months ago