Work for Vail Resorts
Lift Operator - Part/Full Time
Afton Alps, MN, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Lift operators at Afton Alps are responsible for the safety of our guests while they are loading, riding, and unloading our chairlifts. Afton Alps strives to provide exceptional experiences to all of our guests through our front line guest service. Our focus is exceptional guest service, safety awareness, and efficient uphill transportation. Afton Alps contributes, promotes and demonstrates Vail Resorts' mission "Experience of a Lifetime" for all of our guests and our team as our daily goal.
This position is seasonal running approximately from mid-November through end of March.
Work schedules are:
- Monday-Thursday morning shifts (8:50am to 5:00pm)
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday morning shifts (8:50am to 5:00pm)
- All evening shifts (4:00pm to 10-10:30pm)
- All holidays follow weekend hours.
- ** Shift requirements are at least two shifts on the weekends: Friday night through Sunday night.
- Responsible for guest safety at chairlifts.
- Assist all guests in loading, riding and unloading chair lifts.
- Greet every guest as they enter the lift line queues.
- Responsible for making positive contact with our guests.
- Must be safety conscious and able to make quick decisions.
- Responsibly for snow removal, daily set-up, and routine maintenance of lift areas.
- Able to work outside for extended periods of time in winter conditions.
- Maintain compliance with all department standards of appearance and behavior.
- Must be able to work independently or in a small team to accomplish daily tasks.
- Complete daily lift logs for each shift.
- Operation of assigned lift in accordance with department procedures and policies.
- Other duties required.
- Must be at least 18 years old - required
- Exceptional Customer Service.
- Willing and enthusiastic about working in an outdoor winter alpine environment.
- Able to meet physical demands of the position such as standing outside in inclement weather for long periods of time
- Able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Well-developed communication skills.
- Starting pay rate is $10.00 hr.
- Ski pass valid at all Vail Resorts locations.
- Retail discounts at SSV stores
Create incredible experiences for guests at the Midwest’s premier winter destination. In the scenic St. Croix River Valley, this big-time resort with a small town feel has converted thousands of first-timers into lifelong skiers and riders. This truly is where Epic begins for skiers of all levels and can be where your epic career begins, too. Become part of the Afton Alps family. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126775
Tourism - Travel
4 months ago