Work for Vail Resorts
Lift Operator - Full Time & Part Time
South Lake Tahoe, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Lift Operators are responsible for the safety of our guests while they are loading, riding, and unloading our chairlifts. We strive to provide exceptional experiences to each guest through our front line guest service. You will be spending your days outside in one of the most beautiful mountain settings in the world.
Lift Operator positions are seasonal and will run approximately from November through April.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for guest safety at the chairlifts/gondolas.
- Must be safety conscious and able to make quick decisions.
- Responsible for making positive contact with our guests as they enjoy our mountain.
- Must be able to work independently or in a small team to accomplish daily job related tasks.
- Assists in snow removal, daily setup, and routine maintenance of lift areas.
- Assists all guests in loading, riding, and unloading of the chairlifts/gondolas.
- Able to work for extended periods of time outside in winter conditions.
- Works closely with ski patrol, mountain safety, lift maintenance, and lift electric to assist and resolve any problems that may arise on the mountain.
- Must be able to adhere to an early morning starting time - required.
- Experience working in a winter environment - preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent - required.
- Ability to read and write English - required.
- Able to stand for long periods of time - required.
- Able to lift 50 lbs - required.
- Ability to ski or ride at an intermediate level or above - preferred
- You must provide your own ski or ride gear. We provide a uniform and helmet for use while working.
- Exceptional guest service skills; Ability to work in a very fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
If you want to work for a different kind of ski resort, you’ve found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127440
Tourism - Travel
14 days ago