Work for Vail Resorts
Park City, UT, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
You are the copilot, concierge and safety engineer of a multi-million dollar machine. You are responsible for the safe, friendly and efficient travel of our guests and fellow teammates as they navigate the largest ski resort in the U.S.A! You will help make our guests (internal and external) feel welcomed, valued and confident while utilizing our lift system. You take PRIDE in being a Park City Lift Operator.
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor the operation of the lift continually and notify the appropriate personnel of any problems or unusual conditions
- Maintain a safe work area, i.e., ramp heights, tools stored, mazes set up etc.
- Adhere to all ski/ride policies, i.e., Responsibility Code, designated trails, skiing/riding on and off the clock etc.
- Complete all required paperwork legibly and in a timely manner
- Pleasantly greet, make eye contact, listen to and respond appropriately to every guest’s needs and or questions, in person, outside of the lift building
- Actively and efficiently perform maze control
- Follow and adhere all company and departmental service standards
- Abides by operating procedures, i.e., opening procedures, downloading procedures, last chair protocol, etc.
- Follow and perform all company and departmental policies and procedures i.e., punctuality, attendance, dress and grooming standards, etc.
- Display respect for fellow Teammates/Guides at all times.
- Adapt to changing business levels
- Work with the ticket scanning team to ensure all riders have a valid ticket; refuse entry to riders without a valid ticket and refer to appropriate personnel for assistance
- Ensure recycled materials are disposed of properly
- Help to preserve our natural environment
- Help guests and fellow teammates enjoy their time on the mountain
- Remember that fun is our product- create fun, enjoy your work and share the contagious spirit
- Must like to have fun and work in a team environment- Required
- Must be at least 18 years old at beginning of employment - Required
- High school diploma or equivalent - Required
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English – Required
- Must be safety oriented - Required
- Must have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs - Preferred
- Must be able to work outdoors for up to 10 hours in all winter weather conditions at altitude (7000’)- Required
- Must be able to come to work on time, when scheduled (Start times are as follows 05:50, 06:15, 06:30, 07:15 in the morning) - Required
- Must be able to work holidays, weekends, and/or evenings as necessary. We are a 7-day a week operation. - Required
- Must be able to work throughout the entire season - Required
- Ski or snowboard at an Intermediate level (If not you will be assigned to lifts that do not require you to ski or ride to get to your work station. There are limited positions) - Preferred
- Must be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, feel, hear, see, repetitive motions, carry - Required
- Strong guest service skills – Preferred
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127201
Tourism - Travel
5 months ago