Work for Vail Resorts
Lift Operations Team Lead - Heavenly
South Lake Tahoe, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Summary: The Lift Operations Team Lead position is a supervisory position with the responsibility of daily lift operations, with direct reports and additional responsibilities as detailed below.
- Assists with hiring/staffing, employee discipline, employee goal setting and recognition.
- Fulfills day-to-day work responsibilities for the organization as needed and is thoroughly familiar with all aspects of lift operations and code requirements.
- Implement, maintain, and coach safety in the work place.
- Responsible for coordinating opening and closing procedures, and all daily operating tasks of the crew.
- Promote guest service standards compliance and operational efficiency as well as model positive guest service at all times
- Train and coach team members at assigned lifts and work cooperatively with peers, managers and interdepartmental contacts.
- Promote neat, clean and organized work stations.
- Be responsible for timely completion of training and development documentation for their teams, attend required management skills classes and be contributing and accountable members of our management team.
- Demonstrate exemplary attendance, punctuality, behavior and grooming/appearance standards.
- Either a minimum one year of previous leadership experience in Heavenly Lift Operations, two years previous supervisory experience within Vail Resorts, or applicable outside leadership experience.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have a high work ethic and strong moral ethics.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Ability to work unsupervised and meet goals and tasks.
- Have intermediate ski/snowboard ability.
- Ability and willingness to work outside, for a majority of the day, in extreme and varying weather conditions.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail while ensuring the safety of our guests and coworkers.
- Ability to maintain an extremely high level of guest service.
- Ability to lift/carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand up to 8 hours a day.
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently.
If you want to work for a different kind of ski resort, you’ve found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127135
Tourism - Travel
4 months ago