Work for Vail Resorts
Lift Operations Shift Lead - Seasonal - Wilmot, WI
Wilmot, WI, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Share your passion! The Lift Operations Lead will provide an Experience of a Lifetime to all guests throughout their skiing or riding experience. He/She will be responsible for overseeing each shift and supporting the lift operations team while assisting the Lift Operations Manager with administrative duties. Other responsibilities include assisting in maintaining loading and unloading areas of each chair lift, daily opening and closing procedures. Must enjoy working with guests and other colleagues. Through this role the Lift Operations Lead will have the opportunity to serve as an integral member of the team in a supervisory role to invoke a passion of the snow sports industry in others.
• Assist the Lift Operations Manager in supervising up to 50 Lift Operators
• Provide daily leadership, coaching and motivation for Lift Operators
• Oversee breaks, lunch rotations and staffing levels as business volumes dictate.
• Provide a consistent, high quality guest experience as guest.
• Maintain professionalism when handling guest complaints
• Effectively train all staff on Lift Operations while upholding the highest safety standards
• Complete break and lunch of operators at assigned lifts.
• Coach employees on proper lift operation procedures including safety protocols, ramp maintenance, guest service, etc.
• Anticipate the needs of the guest, department, and equipment while reacting to those needs in the safest manner while maintaining the highest standard of guest service
• Create maze and safe loading and unloading area by using the appropriate tools
• Ensure that the hill is safely and properly marked and fenced by maintaining signage
• Perform other duties as required.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• 1-2 years of Lift Operations experience
• 1-2 years experience supervising others
• Must be able to handle exposure to inclement weather; bending, lifting and squatting
• Must be able to maintain a positive attitude and strong work ethic
• Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays
Help create history at Wilmot Mountain as Vail Resorts bridges 75 years of skiing tradition with new state-of-the-art lifts, snowmaking, renovated lodges, and terrain parks, all while honoring the important legacy of the ski area. Be a part of the tremendous Wilmot Mountain brand recognized widely among Chicago and Milwaukee skiers and snowboarders, and also part of the Vail Resorts’ family that’s passionate about providing world-class experiences at every property. Wilmot Mountain truly is where Epic begins for skiers of all levels and can be where your epic career begins, too.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Tourism - Travel
about 1 month ago