Work for Vail Resorts
Lift Operations - Mt. Brighton, MI
Brighton, MI, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Lift Operator - Winter Seasonal 2016/17
Lift operators at Mt. Brighton are responsible for the safety of our guests while they are loading, riding, and unloading our chairlifts. Mt. Brighton strives to provide exceptional experiences to all of our guests through our front line guest service. Our focus is exceptional guest service, safety awareness, and efficient uphill transportation. Mt. Brighton contributes, promotes and demonstrates Vail Resorts' mission "Experience of a Lifetime" for all of our guests and our team as our daily goal.
This position is seasonal running approximately from mid-November through mid-March.
- Responsible for guest safety at chairlifts.
- Assist all guests in loading, riding and unloading chair lifts.
- Greet every guest as they enter the lift line queues.
- Responsible for making positive contact with our guests.
- Must be safety conscious and able to make quick decisions.
- Responsible for snow removal, daily set-up, and routine maintenance of lift areas.
- Able to work outside for extended periods of time in winter conditions.
- Provide superior service to our customers (internal and external) at all times. Follow the Resort Etiquette Guidelines while interacting with the guests and respond to all guests in a courteous, efficient manner.
- Maintain compliance with all department standards of appearance and behavior.
- Must be able to work independently or in a small team to accomplish daily tasks.
- Complete daily lift logs for each shift.
- Operation of assigned lift in accordance with department procedures and policies.
- Other duties required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age – Required
- Exceptional Customer Service.
- Willing and enthusiastic about working in an outdoor winter alpine environment.
- Able to meet physical demands of the position such as standing outside in inclement weather for long periods of time
- Able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Well-developed communication skills.
Work with a team that’s passionate about providing world-class experiences at one of the legendary Midwest family winter destinations. An easy drive from many southeast Michigan cities, Mt. Brighton is truly the place where Epic begins offering year-round amenities from skiing to golf and mountain biking.Become part of the Mt. Brighton family. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126769
Tourism - Travel
4 months ago