Work for Vail Resorts
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Lift Operator - Full Time, Winter Seasonal
Lift Operators at Vail are responsible for the safety of our guests while they are loading, riding, and unloading our chairlifts. We strive to provide exceptional experiences to each guest through our front line guest service. You will be spending your days outside in one of the most beautiful mountain settings in the world. This position is seasonal and will run approximately from November through mid-April.
Gondola Operators at Vail are responsible for the safety of our guests while they are loading, riding, and unloading our gondolas. The Eagle Bahn and Gondola One are two of the busiest lifts on our mountain. We strive to provide exceptional experiences to each guest through our front line guest service. Both the Lift Operator and Gondola Operator positions are seasonal and will run approximately from November through April.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for guest safety at the chairlifts/gondolas.
- Must be safety conscious and able to make quick decisions.
- Responsible for making positive contact with our guests as they enjoy our mountain.
- Must be able to work independently or in a small team to accomplish daily job related tasks.
- Assists in snow removal, daily setup, and routine maintenance of lift areas.
- Assists all guests in loading, riding, and unloading of the chairlifts/gondolas.
- Able to work for extended periods of time outside in winter conditions.
- Works closely with ski patrol, mountain safety, lift maintenance, and lift electric to assist and resolve any problems that may arise on the mountain.
- Must be able to adhere to an early morning starting time - required.
- Experience working in a winter environment - preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent - required.
- Ability to read and write English - required.
- Able to stand for long periods of time - required.
- Able to lift 50 lbs - required.
- You must provide your own ski or ride gear. We provide a uniform and helmet for use while working.
- Exceptional guest service skills; Ability to work in a very fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
Schedule: Four (4) consecutive days per week, Ten (10) hours per day. Holidays and weekends are required. Mountain is open seven (7) days per week.
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 123988
Tourism - Travel
6 months ago