Work for Vail Resorts
Lift Maintenance Senior Manager
Breckenridge, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Lift Maintenance Senoir Manager will oversee our Lift Mechanical staff of 29. Our Lift Maintenance department is a strong team of supervisors, mechanics of different levels, and support staff. As a customer focused organization, a crucial part of each employee’s job is to get and keep guests.
Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manage the safe and reliable maintenance operations and providing the quality and reliable service desired by the guest, Breckenridge Ski Resort, and Vail Resorts
- Assure all lifts are in compliance with CPTSB and Vail Resorts rules and regulations.
- Responsible for summer and winter preventive maintenance programs and summer maintenance programs to include inspection of work performed to maximize lift safety and reliability
- Plan and organize the maintenance group activities so that work is accomplished in a complete, orderly and timely manner.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, and development of all lift maintenance personnel
- Assure that the Director is immediately informed and consulted on all abnormal or unusual conditions, incidents, or system malfunctions.
- Assure that all records required by Breckenridge and the authorities having jurisdiction are maintained and kept up-to-date including all mechanical and operational procedures, daily maintenance, operational logs, lift failures and incidents
- Responsible for conduct, training, Lift Maintenance Dept. Policies, Vail Resorts policies, and ensuring paperwork & procedures are completed in a timely manner
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in ski lift industry
- Extensive Mechanical/Electrical Maintenance skills & knowledge
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of desktop computer systems and applications
- Valid Colorado Driver's license or ability to obtain one upon employment
- Ability to become tower-climbing certified through company
- Ability to become snowmobile and vehicle qualified through company
- Knowledge of Lift Operations/Maintenance
- Intermediate level skier helpful
- College degree
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125691
Tourism - Travel
29 days ago