Work for Vail Resorts
Lead Warehouse Clerk, The 10th Restaurant
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The 10th, Vail's critically acclaimed on-mountain fine-dining restaurant is looking for a LEAD WAREHOUSE CLERK to join our outstanding restaurant staff. The 10th serves an upscale sit-down lunch daily, complete with a boot room for guests to enjoy slippers while they dine! Located at the top of Gondola One at Mid-Vail, The 10th is accessed either by ski-in and ski-out during the day or via Vail’s brand new high tech Gondola One. Modern. Alpine. Inspired. The 10th redefines classic alpine cuisine and elevates service to new standards in Vail.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for keeping all food, paper, plastic, wood, janitorial supplies and products for the restaurant to required stock levels based on reservation forecasts and special events.
- Utilizes Vail Resorts COUPA ordering system to place orders regularly based on delivery scheduled dates for approved vendors.
- Forecast usage of product by gathering information from sous chef and production chef.
- Ensure the warehouse clerk has his / her daily task list completed every day.
- Responsible for counting and entering month end inventories in the into COUPA Ordering system for food products.
- Responsible for cleanliness and upkeep of dry store room, janitorial cabinet, back store room, loading dock, walk in cooler and freezer, uniform closet area.
- Receive all products coming up from the snow cat or other outlets on a daily basis.
- Ensure stock is rotated in the coolers, walk ins and dry storage areas - follow FIFO.
- Ensure ice is changed in the all the fish bins every day.
- Ensure labeling, dating and consolidation of food bins and products at all times.
- Updating temperature charts on all walk ins, coolers, freezers twice a day.
- Liaise with other on and off mountain restaurants if supplies are getting low.
- Assist in special events, banquets, first track breakfasts and other areas when necessary.
- Up keep and cleanliness of the dry store room and non-food store room.
- Check and refill water softener levels when required.
- Demonstrate the ability to work at a very quick pace in a humid environment.
- Stock and maintain supply for all plastic, paper and janitorial storage products.
- Assist in garbage removal from the kitchen and breaking down of food storage bins.
- Sweep, brush, squeeze and mop the walk in floor regularly.
- Use antifreeze in the freezers to ensure the floors remain clean.
- Always use personal protective equipment while working – especially in coolers and freezers.
- Upkeep of the food smoker, shoveling snow when required, stock wood supply, lighting and cleaning of the smoker drums.
- Assist when and able with the dish crew.
- Attend all trainings and classes as assigned or advised by Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned by your Supervisor or Senior Management.
- Two years minimum store room operations experience - required.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Stratton Warren Purchasing System - required.
- Must possess the following key essential qualities - adaptability, flexibility, positive attitude, even temperament and a keen eye for detail - required.
- Must be able to lift 40+ lbs regularly over the course of the day- required
- Ability to speak read and write in English - required.
- Ability to work standing for 8+ hours - required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older - required.
- ServeSafe or Food Handler’s certification (or be able to attain) - required
- Flexibility in scheduling, ability to work long hours, weekends and holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 23rd to January 4th, President’s Day Weekend and other holidays as requested - required.
- Store room supervisory experience - preferred.
- In-person interview or Skype interview - required
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127053
Tourism - Travel
4 months ago