Work for Vail Resorts
Lead Ski /Snowboard Technician - Marriott Heavenly Sports - Full Time and Part Time
South Lake Tahoe, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Lead Service Technician is responsible for ensuring work productivity for all service technicians, to keep an efficient flow of work through the shop, to maintain a tremendous level of organization and cleanliness and to be accountable to all safety standards and expectations within the company.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Serves customers by establishing rapport, building customer confidence, providing accurate information, and promoting product through point of successful sale
- Act as a team member who can effectively communicate with other team members and guests
- Establish professional, yet personalized rapport with customers upon contact; by phone or in person
- Answer all questions, providing detailed information and establishing trust with the customer at the close of sale.
- Have the ability to properly identify when a ski/snowboard requires a tune, recommend which tune will best benefit their equipment, and be able to sharpen, wax and drill equipment.
- Describing and promoting product in line with customer's express needs as well as promoting the higher grade tunes and tuning products
- Ensure pricing is accurate and current including any and all promotions
- Monitor and audit inventory levels in store and between stores
- Maintain all company paperwork according to policies and standards with 100% accuracy
- Knowledge of register access
- A minimum of 1 year service technician experience - required
- Ski and/or snowboard tuning experience - required
- Maintain a working knowledge of products and trends within the ski and snowboard industry
- Previous retail sales and customer service experience - preferred
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Basic computer skills with the ability to learn the register - required
- Ability to communicate fluently with co-workers and guests in accurate spoken and written English - required
- Ability to comprehend and apply specific company designed methods and protocol
If you want to work for a different kind of ski resort, you’ve found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125081
about 1 month ago