Work for Vail Resorts
Lead Ski / Snowboard Service Technician - Boulder Ski Deals
Boulder, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Department Lead Service Technician is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service as per company standards, assisting with store operations, generating sales, merchandising, and safeguarding company assets. Acts as Tuning Center Lead and helps ensure the department has appropriate accountability.
Job Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Serves customers by establishing rapport, building customer confidence, providing accurate information, and promoting products.
- Act as a mentor who can train and lead the Tuning Center Service team with effective communication.
- Supervise and direct the Tuning Center Service team to maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment.
- Responsible for performing quality tunes and repairs to customers' equipment.
- Ensure that all work orders are written up accurately and in compliance.
- Prioritize work in an expedient manner, always with an eye on safety.
- Establish professional, yet personalized rapport with customer upon contact; by phone or in person.
- Answer all questions, providing detailed information, and establishing trust with the customer to close of sale.
- Describing and promoting Tuning Services offered and products in line with customer's express needs.
- Ensure pricing is accurate and current including any and all promotions.
- Register access to ring up sales, lead all Service Technician duties and adhere to all store policies and procedures.
- Previous ski and snowboard tuning work experience – required
- Maintain a working knowledge of ski and snowboard tuning services and machinery
- Ability to communicate fluently with co-workers and guests in accurate spoken and written English - required
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Basic computer skills with the ability to learn the register
- Ability to comprehend and apply specific company designed methods and protocol
- Product knowledge of Snowell and Winterstieger equipment – preferred
- Ability to stand for long periods of time – required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; including nights, holidays and weekends - required
- Ski and snowboard technician certified - preferred
We are Boulder’s hometown ski and snowboard shop. At Boulder Ski Deals the excitement of winter lives year round, we don’t turn into a patio shop and we don’t carry golf equipment…we are skiing and boarding every day, every season and every hour. If you can’t wait for the first the day of season this is the place for you. Located in beautiful downtown Boulder, we have guests that drop in daily or stop in annually to revamp their gear. Our associates passionately provide unmatched customer service by being the experts in their field. There is reason we are ranked #1 in Boulder…that because we do what we love, and we love what we do. You can also take advantage of being part of the Vail Resorts family with employee perks, such as a free ski pass to our world-class resorts, discounted lodging, and more. Join our team today. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127360
7 months ago