Work for Vail Resorts
Lead - Scanning
Keystone, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Scanning lead will oversee employee breaks, resolve ticket issues and take overall ownership for their assigned lift each day. Qualified candidates will have high attention to detail. This includes embodying professional conduct and a high level of guest service, to both internal and external guests, at all times in order to provide an Experience of a Lifetime to all staff and guests. The scanning lead is encouraged to support the scanning department’s attention to sustainability in the base areas. Other job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the recycling program at assigned lift.
- Resolving any and all guest ticket and pass issues with the help of the Ticket Office.
- Daily setup, teardown, and maintenance of base area lift mazes.
- Monitor breaks and lunches for Scanner staff and set the standard for work ethic and guest service.
- Investigation of fraudulent Season Pass and Lift Ticket usage; working closely with Keystone Security and the Summit County Sheriff. Following up with Supervisor and Manager.
- Monitor scan equipment performance and work closely with IT to ensure equipment is operating at a high level at all times.
- Professional and effective communication with guests and internal departments. Frequent contacts include Ticket Sales, Lift Operations, Keystone Security, IT, Mountain Guest Services, and Ski and Ride School.
- Experience working in Ticket Scanning - Strongly preferred
- Experience supervising others - preferred
- Lift 50 pounds
- Stand for the entire work day
- Work outside in all weather conditions including but not limited to snow, extreme cold and wind
- Maintain a calm and professional demeanor at all time in stressful situations
Interesting and Informational Links:
- Find out more about Vail Resorts Recruitment and “like” our page on Facebook
- Find out more about Keystone Resort
- Find out more about our Company Policies
We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service, and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and vast options for adventure and exploring, you can join a community who loves where they live and love what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home, with its warmth, friendliness and unequaled eye for detail. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 124368
Tourism - Travel
5 months ago