Work for Vail Resorts
Lead Lift Operator - Heavenly
South Lake Tahoe, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Summary: The Lift Operator Lead will be able to perform all duties of a Lift Operator and will also be responsible for breaking, scheduling and training junior staff members.
- Setting up multiple lifts every day, and must quickly develop a working knowledge of those lifts and work area.
- Training new employees in Daily Operating procedures.
- Leading the Lift Operators in assigned tasks and projects.
- Must be able to adhere to all company and department policies and procedures and set an example for others to follow.
- Must be completely reliable and punctual for all assigned shifts, be able to work unsupervised and delegate duties when needed.
- Participate in classroom and on the job training for lift operators and ensure training documents are kept current.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One year previous experience in Lift Operations at Heavenly or another Vail Resort.
- Ability to ski or ride at an Intermediate or above level.
- Ability and willingness to work outside, for a majority of the day, in extreme and varying weather conditions.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail while ensuring the safety of our guests and coworkers.
- Ability to maintain an extremely high level of guest service.
- Ability to lift/carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand up to 8 hours a day.
- Ability to speak, read, write and communicate clearly in English.
If you want to work for a different kind of ski resort, you’ve found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127134
Tourism - Travel
4 months ago