Work for Vail Resorts
Lead Grooming - Winter Seasonal 2016/2017
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Lead Grooming, Snowcat Operator - Winter Seasonal, Full Time, Vail Mountain
Work with the supervisory and management team to make and execute decisions relative to slope maintenance with the best interest of the guest and the resort in mind. On the job coordination in the preparation and maintenance of all snow surfaces, in all conditions, for skiers of all levels. Fulfill all hauling and dozing needs of other departments, prioritize tasks and assign projects to appropriate personnel. Daily computer data entry of shift information for internal and external guests. Maintain and improve relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Train and develop all operators continually throughout the season.
- Oversee the performance, conduct and quality of work performance during each shift.
- Delegate projects from the provided work list to crew members.
- Minimize down time through basic preventive maintenance procedures.
- Ability to manage team members in a productive and ever-changing atmosphere.
- Responsible for accurate daily grooming report information input, via a computer or similar device.
- Composing and administering regular performance evaluations, coaching sessions and as needed, disciplinary conversations.
- Promote safety on the job for employees and guests by leading scheduled safety meetings.
- Formulate work schedules and priority lists on a daily basis.
- Attendance at all scheduled department meetings and gatherings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED - required.
- Minimum of 5 years of snowcat operations - required.
- Winch snowcat experience - preferred
- Management or leadership skills - required.
- Valid Drivers License - required.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel programs - required.
- Must be fluent in English - required.
- Excellent communications skills - required.
- Previous Heavy Equipment Operations - preferred.
- Ability to work Holidays/Weekends/Evenings - required.
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 123015
Tourism - Travel
19 days ago