Work for Vail Resorts
Lead: Grooming - Kirkwood
Kirkwood, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Summary: The Lead Groomer will work with the supervisory and management team to make and execute decisions relative to slope maintenance with the best interest of the guest and the resort in mind. This includes on the job coordination in the preparation and maintenance of all snow surfaces, in all conditions, for skiers of all levels. This position is responsible for fulfilling all hauling and dozing needs of other departments, as well as prioritizing tasks and assigning projects to appropriate personnel. There is also a daily computer data entry component of shift information for internal and external guests.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Train and develop all operators continually throughout the season.
- Oversee the performance, conduct and quality of work performance during each shift.
- Delegate projects from the provided work list to crew members.
- Minimize down time through basic preventive maintenance procedures.
- Ability to manage team members in a productive and ever-changing atmosphere.
- Responsible for accurate daily grooming report information input, via a computer or similar device.
- Composing and administering regular performance evaluations, coaching sessions and as needed, disciplinary conversations.
- Promote safety on the job for employees and guests by leading scheduled safety meetings.
- Formulate work schedules and priority lists on a daily basis.
- Attendance at all scheduled department meetings and gatherings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED - required.
- Minimum of 5 years of snowcat operations - required.
- Winch snowcat experience - preferred
- Management or leadership skills - required.
- Valid Drivers License - required.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel programs - required.
- Must be fluent in English - required.
- Excellent communications skills - required.
- Previous Heavy Equipment Operations - preferred.
- Ability to work Holidays/Weekends/Evenings - required.
Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We’re famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125031
Tourism - Travel
14 days ago