Work for Vail Resorts
Lead - EpicMix Photographer
South Lake Tahoe, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
As an EpicMix photographer you will be taking photographs capturing the Experience of a Lifetime for thousands of guests. EpicMix photographers will be assigned to different locations (zones) on and off the mountain and expected to work in all weather conditions indicative of the alpine environment of the resort.
Photographers must be comfortable standing outside for long periods of time proactively greeting and approaching guests with the intent of offering our professional photographic services. You will be responsible for accurately composing and shooting candid photos as well as more formal family portraits. Once the photos are taken, you must be able to clearly communicate the photo viewing and purchasing process to every guest that was photographed. You will also be responsible for meeting certain photo quality and quantity expectations as set by the EpicMix Steering Committee and directed by the EpicMix Photo Manager..
The Lead photographer should possess all the skill sets of the photographer; preferably the Lead should have professional photography experience and worked in retail sales position. The Lead will be more involved with training, oversight and daily management tasks. They may be responsible for the daily opening and or closing of the office, daily photo reviews, and monitoring the safekeeping and transportation of equipment in and out of the office.
Most importantly, EpicMix photographers must be passionate about photography, must be passionate working with people, and take pride in capturing and delivering the highest quality images possible.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Follow all company and department safety procedures
- Capture highest quality and expected quantity and photo sessions of photographs following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure quality standards and department goals are being met
- Solid understanding of basic photographic concepts of proper exposure, proper focus; able to operate and adjust a DSLR accordingly
- Comfortable working with a DSLR camera
- Willing and able to work outdoors in all weather conditions that one would experience in the alpine environment of the resort.
- Provide a high level of proactive guest service in all guest interactions
- Provide assistance in sales locations
- Photograph, print and sell, photos, following specific program SOPs
- Provide support to entry level and intermediate photographers
- Print and sell 5x7 photos using windows based photo software
- Capture/Print & Sell expected quantity of high quality photos and photo sessions to ensure department goals are met
- Open and / or close office on a daily basis
- Conduct morning meetings when asked
- Perform daily photo review
- Assist with monitoring and safekeeping of camera kits and equipment in office and on mountain
- Assist with daily oversight of photographers on the mountain
- Provide assistance with any photo operation related tasks, including but not limited to; equipment care & maintenance, photo back up and review
- High school education or equivalent
- Strong computer skills
- Must have the ability to communicate fluently (written and oral) in English
- Excellent guest service skills
- Passion for photography
- Must be outgoing and engaging
- Must be able and willing to work outdoors in variable weather conditions indicative of the High Alpine environment.
- Ability to stand up to 8 hours during shift
- Must be able to work weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to lift 40+ lbs
- Must be able to commit to scheduled hours and dates
- Cash handling experience
- Advanced knowledge of camera settings, portraiture and the ability to teach those skills to photographers
- Proven leadership skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Photography Experience 1-2 years in a professional setting.
- Previous retail sales and or customer service experience
- 1 year guest relations experience
- Previous supervisory experience
If you want to work for a different kind of ski resort, you’ve found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126797
Tourism - Travel
4 months ago