Work for Vail Resorts
Lead EpicMix Photographer
Park City, UT, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
As an EpicMix photographer you will be taking photographs capturing the Experience of a Lifetime for thousands of guests. The Images you take will be sent directly online and into the guests EpicMix account where they will be available for purchase and sharing. EpicMix photographers will be assigned to different locations (zones) on and off the mountain and expected to work in all weather conditions indicative of the winter alpine environment of the resort.
The Lead photographer should possess all the skill sets of the Intermediate photographer; ski photography or some other professional photography experience is preferred. The Lead will be more involved with training, oversight and daily management tasks. They may be responsible for the daily opening and or closing of the office, daily photo reviews, and monitoring the safekeeping and transportation of equipment in and out of the office.
Most importantly, EpicMix photographers must be passionate about photography, passionate about working with people, and take pride in capturing and delivering the highest quality images possible.
Responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
- Follow all company and department safety procedures
- Capture highest quality and expected quantity of photographs and photo sessions following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure quality standards and department goals are being met
- Solid understanding of basic photographic concepts of proper exposure, proper focus; able to operate and adjust a DSLR accordingly
- Comfortable working with a DSLR camera and tethered minicomputer and scanner
- Willing and able to work outdoors in all weather conditions that one would experience in the alpine environment of the resorts in winter
- Provide a high level of proactive guest service in all guest interactions
- Travel to various mountain locations requiring level 7 ski or snowboard skills. This position skis or snowboards as a means of transportation only.
- Provide assistance in sales locations
- Cash handling
- Photograph, print and sell, ski school kids photos, following specific kids program SOPs
- Provide support to entry level and intermediate photographers
- Print and sell 5x7 photos using windows based photo software
- Capture/Print & Sell expected quantity of high quality photos and photo sessions to ensure department goals are met
- Open and/or close office on a daily basis
- Conduct morning meetings when asked
- Perform daily photo review
- Assist with monitoring and safekeeping of camera kits and equipment in office and on mountain
- Assist with daily oversight of photographers on the mountain
- Provide assistance with any photo operation related tasks, including but not limited to; equipment care & maintenance, photo back up and review
- High school education or equivalent - required
- Excellent guest service skills - required
- Passion for photography - required
- Must be outgoing and engaging - required
- Must be able and willing to work outdoors in variable weather conditions indicative of the High Alpine environment in winter - required
- Ability to stand up to 6 hours during shift - required
- Must be able to work weekends, and holidays - required
- Must be able to lift 40+ lbs - required
- Must be able to commit to scheduled hours and dates - required
- Cash handling experience - required
- Advanced knowledge of camera settings, portraiture and the ability to teach those skills to photographers - required
- Proven leadership skills - required
- Level 7 ski or snowboard skills - required
- Photography Experience 1-2 years in a professional setting, Prior ski photography experience - strongly preferred
- Previous retail sales and or customer service experience - preferred
- 1 year guest relations experience - preferred
- Previous supervisory experience - preferred
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126847
Tourism - Travel
3 months ago