Work for Vail Resorts
Lead Cook/Tournant - Allie's Cabin- Beaver Creek, CO
Avon, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Lead Cook/Tournant – Allie’s Cabin - Full Time, Winter Seasonal - Beaver Creek, CO
Allie’s Cabin is looking for experienced cooks to help lead our established culinary team. As a leader of the team, you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining our high standards of food quality and service. Working at Allie’s Cabin means taking pride in the food you place on a plate. It means working within an established and professional culinary team. And it means working at the top of your game.
Allie’s Cabin functions as a private club restaurant by day and caters to an elite clientele in the evenings. Our menus involve extensive scratch cooking with top shelf ingredients. Menus range from classic “club fare” at lunch to custom dishes created for our exclusive wine dinner series.
From daily buffets, to wine dinners, to guest chef appearances during Food & Wine Weekend, Allie’s Cabin is a wonderful experience to add to your culinary career.
The Lead Cook/Tournant is a leader in the kitchen. The position is for an experienced cook who displays positive leadership skills, who is career-oriented, creative, and active. D uties and responsibilities will include:
- Assist Executive Chef and Sous Chef in organization and execution of the production, station, buffet and special event mise en place
- Communicate with the front of the house and follow detailed instruction, both oral and written, of the chef, sous chef and general manager
- Take responsibility for the product used and manage it to ensure a quality product is presented to members and guests
- Work with the Executive Chef, General Manager and Sous Chef to prepare, cook and carry out established quality standards.
- Demonstrate proficiency in all kitchen stations. Train junior staff in use of all kitchen equipment and proper execution of menu items.
- Expedite food, solve problems as they arise and be flexible in dealing with special requests.
- Assist with stocking, maintaining and cleaning food preparation areas.
- Assist with ordering, recieving and proper storage of all food items.
- Know and follow all company safety guidelines and enforce use of personal protective equipment when working.
- Must practice good personal hygiene and safe food handling skills
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or Equivalent - required
- Able to read, write, speak, comprehend and understand English fluently - required
- Able to lift and carry 50 lbs - required
- Minimum 3 years fine dining experience - required
- Able to work in a hot kitchen environment for up to 8 hours during a shift - required
- Able to give and receive oral direction in a loud kitchen environment - required
- Able to work weekends and holidays as necessary - required
- Advanced knowledge of proper cutting techniques, kitchen safety and sanitation - required
- Able to work standing on feet for at least 8 hours at a time- required
- Two year Culinary degree - preferred
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127754
Tourism - Travel
4 months ago