Work for Vail Resorts
Kitchen Manager - Winter Seasonal
Truckee, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Lodge at Big Springs is located steps away from the top of the Big Springs Gondola. Open daily from November through April, serving a variety of international cuisines in a Quick Serve setting. The Chef must have experience with international cuisines, high volume kitchen management, banquet service, and plated service standards. The Chef will also assist the Executive Chef when needed in any resort functions, large groups, festivals, etc. Candidate will be responsible for managing and developing all kitchen staff in the preparation and production of food, managing HACCP documentation, maintain a clean & safe work environment, developing and costing menus and achieving budgetary goals.
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Arrives on time, clean, in proper uniform including non-slip shoes and designated uniform. Is the model for all grooming standards.
- Demonstrates an upbeat, positive attitude and acts and communicates in a professional manner with staff and management.
- Oversees and is also able to work all stations in the kitchen.
- Coordinates daily menus specials within COG budget.
- Overall ownership of all Lodge at Big Springs’ banquets and special events, including ordering, supervising prep, execution of service and staffing.
- Oversees all food orders and requisitions to maintain proper par levels and costs while providing fresh, quality products, inspecting all current products for freshness and proper documentation of any waste.
- Ensures proper receiving procedures are being followed including proper FIFO rotation and dating of all incoming product.
- Ensures daily prep/pull lists are completed and BOH operations are adequately prepared for all forecast business levels.
- Ensures all recipes are adhered to and produced consistently and safely.
- Monitors food portioning, preparation and waste to control COG.
- Ensures plate portioning and presentation are consistent.
- Works with Executive Chef on new menu ideas and cost outs.
- Organizes kitchen and maintains all Serv-Safe documentation. Sanitation and safety policies are followed 100%.
- Embraces and executes composting and recycling of oil and all possible materials.
- Assists in hiring of all kitchen staff, attends job fairs when needed.
- Ensures all BOH staff members are properly trained in all duties.
- Works with the LABS GM to ensure proper scheduling of all kitchen staff to hit budgetary goals by anticipating business levels and eliminating all OT, while still providing a safe, quality product and service in a timely manner.
- Sets the example. Ensures all staff are promoting a professional work environment by upholding proper grooming and uniform standards, following all food safety and HACCP guidelines, displaying a positive, professional attitude and language in all situations, being prepared by anticipating business levels, and keeping a clean, safe work area.
- Demonstrates food quality expectations by preparing all dishes correctly and training and monitoring all those who prepare food items at LABS.
- Maintains a current MSDS book and accessibility, along with proper staff training and how to use it.
- Follows through on all disciplinary actions with proper documentation, training and guidance in a positive, professional manner.
- Immediately follows up with any equipment malfunctions or breakage to resolve the issue ASAP.
- Gives support to all kitchen operations as well as any FOH needs.
- Maintains budgetary food and beverage costs.
- Performs monthly kitchen audit and Operational Review to ensure all HACCP policies and procedures are being followed.
- Will take part in & perform all inventories to ensure that all products are accurately counted and recorded.
- Proficiency with computer software for the following: ordering, inventory, scheduling, time & labor.
- Abides by and upholds overall customer service standards.
- Abides by and upholds kitchen and food concessions service standards.
- Performs any such other related duties as may be required or directed.
- Two to Four years minimum related experience in a chef position; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to lift heavy objects (50#+), walk and stand for long periods of time, and to perform strenuous physical labor in inclement weather conditions.
- Flexible working hours, including holidays and weekends.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure/high volume and solve customer problems or issues.
- Good organization and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate with employees, guests, and customers to provide excellent service.
- Outfront of industry trends and flexible to changes.
- Brave, Passionate and Ambitious.
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126223
Tourism - Travel
4 months ago