Work for Vail Resorts
Kitchen Manager - Kirkwood
Kirkwood, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Summary: The Kitchen Manager will work closely with the management team in all daily functions of restaurant service to ensure guest satisfaction through supervision of employees and service to guests. Oversees and is able to work all stations in the kitchen. The Advanced Cook is a very experienced cook responsible for preparing the full range of the most difficult cooking tasks and is also experienced in preparing sauces and glazes to enhance flavors. Suggests, develops and tests new recipes and menu items. Assists with ordering and inventory management.
- Responsible for proper operations in the designated outlet. This includes, but is not limited to, stocking outlet with product, ensuring employees have the necessary tools, culinary members are properly equipped, holding employees accountable for all policies and procedures and generally assisting management in daily operations. Responsible for outlet food costs
- Arrives on time, clean, in proper uniform including non-slip shoes and cap.
- Demonstrates an upbeat, positive attitude and acts and communicates in a professional manner.
- Coordinates daily menus and specials.
- Oversees all food orders and requisitions to maintain proper par levels and costs while providing fresh, quality products, inspecting all current products for freshness and proper documentation of any waste.
- Ensures proper receiving procedures are being followed including proper FIFO rotation and dating of all incoming product.
- Ensures daily prep/pull list is completed and BOH operations are adequately prepared for anticipated business levels.
- Ensures all recipes are adhered to and produced consistently and safely.
- Monitors food portioning, preparation and waste to control costs.
- Ensures plate portioning and presentation are consistent.
- Organizes kitchen and maintains all ServSafe, sanitation and safety policies and documentation.
- Ensures all BOH staff members are properly trained.
- Proper scheduling of all kitchen staff to hit budgetary goals by anticipating business levels and eliminating all OT while still providing a safe, quality product and service in a timely manner.
- Sets the example and ensures all staff are promoting a professional work environment by upholding proper grooming and uniform standards, following all food safety and HACCP guidelines, displaying a positive, professional attitude and language in all situations, being prepared by anticipating business levels, keeping a clean, safe work area.
- Demonstrates food quality expectations by preparing all dishes correctly and training and monitoring all those who prepare food items.
- Maintains a current MSDS book and accessibility, along with proper staff training and how to use it.
- Follows through on all disciplinary actions with proper documentation, training and guidance in a positive, professional manner.
- Immediately follows up with any equipment malfunctions or breakage to resolve the issue ASAP.
- Gives support to all kitchen operations as well as any FOH needs.
- Maintains budgetary food and beverage costs.
- Performs monthly kitchen audit and inspection to ensure all HACCP policies and procedures are being followed.
- Will take part in & perform all inventories to ensure that all products are accurately counted and recorded.
- Proficiency with computer software for the following: ordering, inventory, scheduling, time & labor.
- Abides by and upholds overall customer service standards.
- Abides by and upholds kitchen and food concessions service standards. Performs any such other related duties as may be required or directed.
- Educational Requirements: HS Diploma or GED
- Communication Requirements: Ability to speak, read and communicate clearly in English.
- Guest service skills: Professionalism and strong guest service skills, attention to detail and timeliness.
- Flexible schedule required during peak times throughout the year.
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Previous resort mountain dining experience
- Previous supervisory or management experience – Required, minimum of three years
- Experience working a guest service related field - Preferred
- Previous food and beverage experience – Required, minimum of three years
- Experience with Stratton Warren – Preferred
- California Food Handlers Card - Required
- Kitchen type, black, non - slip shoes - Required
Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We’re famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127336
Tourism - Travel
21 days ago