Work for Vail Resorts
IT Analyst - Field Ops
Truckee, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Analyst: IT – Field Ops position is an important administrative and day to day support role within the IT department. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to configuring and supporting computer applications, phone systems, and helping to maintain the network infrastructure at the resort. Administrative tasks include procurement; account auditing, creating and maintaining SOP documentation, project management, contract management and managing trouble tickets through our ticketing system. The Analyst also works as part of the IT team to proactively identify problems and facilitate resolutions, repair hardware and software in a Windows Client/Server LAN environment.
- Ability to support the Network LAN/WAN infrastructure, i.e. switches, routers, servers, Aruba & Ubiquiti Unifi WIFI, network cabling, fiber optics
- Configuration and provisioning of Avaya IP telephony stations and voicemail accounts.
- Support, upgrade, and roll-out of network devices including security cameras, snowmaking, and HVAC/SCADA networked devices.
- Manage existing data/telephone circuitry contracts, service orders, and repair orders.
- Analyze spending on data/telephone circuits and implement cost savings measures. Create metrics to report data.
- Open, track and close help desk tickets and promote end user satisfaction.
- Create and maintain accurate IT related documentation as assigned.
- Actively participate in training, observe company policies and procedures, and promote all company values relative to protecting the natural environment.
- Assist in resort wide end user support and IT projects as needed.
- Installation and repair of fiber optic and copper networks in harsh environments
- Support of back office & point of sale environments with the local PC Tech team.
- Project Management
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with data/telephone systems and cable management practices.
- Experience with network switching infrastructure
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Professionalism and strong guest service skills, attention to detail and timeliness.
- Flexible schedule during peak times of the year.
- Ability to work outdoors in a dynamic mountain environment. This position requires year round work on and off the mountain.
- High School Diploma or equivalence exam.
- Valid US Driver’s license.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Follow and enforce company guidelines, policies and practices.
- After hours or on-call support and availability
- Ability to Ski or Snowboard required at an intermediate level.
- CompTIA Net+, CompTIA A+, CCNA
- Avaya IP telephony and voicemail systems.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University.
- MS SharePoint
- Procurement and inventory management experience.
- Strong Project Management background
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127252
6 months ago