Work for Vail Resorts
Truckee, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
- Intermediate Painter (Seasonal)
The Intermediate Painter will provide painting and maintenance for all Northstar properties in the management program including condominiums, restaurants, offices, and retail spaces.
Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Painting/refinishing various interior and exterior surfaces including but not limited to wood, metal, drywall, signage, furniture etc.
- Prepping various interior and exterior surfaces for paint and protecting surrounding surfaces. (May include drywall, texturing, and small carpentry tasks)
- Thoroughly cleaning up after paint projects are completed including brushes, materials, and surrounding surfaces.
- Provides material and time quotes to other departments to assist in feasibility of their paint projects.
- Provides insight into inventory of replacement parts, supplies and hardware.
- Help assign tasks to the 'Painter Helper'
- Assists in development of programs of regular preventive maintenance/painting schedule for all equipment.
- Occasionally evaluates worked performed by outside contractors.
- Requires problem solving and initiation of less clearly defined job activities. May make relatively complex decisions about materials and equipment.
- Communicate with team members and management to complete work orders in a timely fashion.
- Occasionally train team members as well as be trained by team members on various building systems and equipment.
- Complete closed work order paperwork in a timely fashion.
- Must own adequate tools to complete tasks mentioned above
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places.
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126163
Tourism - Travel
3 months ago