Work for Vail Resorts
Intermediate Maintenance Tech - One Ski Hill Place - Breckenridge, CO
Breckenridge, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
This position will maintain One Ski Hill Place and Crystal Peak Lodge. This position needs to maintain a good attitude and people skills at all times & even during high-pressure situations, as well as other duties as assigned by supervisor. We are looking for a good leader in all situations and a complement to our current team. Ability to make competent decisions while thinking of the customers and resorts interest at all times. Using skill-based knowledge and experience to perform assigned tasks in a professional manner at all times with a constant focus on efficiency and quality of work. This position is focused at One Ski Hill Place but may be pulled to other areas of the resort, therefore people skills are essential and communication is needed assets. The use of our Hotsos Work Order system will be an asset in prioritizing and tracking work.
Essential job functions:
• Assure that the integrity of resort assets are maintained.
• Assure all work performed conforms to all applicable state and local codes.
• Assist with performing daily preventative maintenance and repairs in guest rooms and mechanical areas
• Perform hotel room PM and keep accurate log sheets on all work completed to Vail Resorts brand standards
• Work with other departments and area managers as required
• Keep required paperwork and job logs updated daily
• Report all emergencies, equipment down and other issues to immediate supervisor.
• Inspect facilities on a regular basis, using a standard checklist. Inspections include lights, appliances, plumbing, interior building structure (doors, windows, walls, and floors), heating and ventilation systems, smoke and fire alarm systems, etc. Deal with a variety of emergency or unusual problems that may arise.
• Follow appropriate safety and security procedures.
• Preferred trade skills: carpentry, drywall, painting, plumbing and mechanical, electrical, diagnostic and troubleshooting, irrigation, minor electrical, bowling alley
• Maintain tools and equipment.
• Exposure to inclement weather conditions.
• Ability to work standing for long periods of time; ability to lift and carry heavy objects, bending, squatting.
• Use of ladders to access equipment rooms throughout the property.
• Ability to work around motors, pumps, gear boxes, boilers, chillers, etc. Work will be performed around potentially moving parts requiring safety precautions to be taken.
• Must be in good physical condition
• Must be able to lift 50lbs
• High school diploma
• At least 3 years of relevant work experience and/or trades training, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
• Prior building maintenance experience - required
• Must be willing to obtain CPO license
• Valid driver’s license - required
• Good basic knowledge and skills in the building/construction trades, including carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, painting/construction trades, including carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, painting/wallpapering, smoke/fire alarm systems, heating and ventilation systems, etc.
• Ability to deal with guests in a courteous and effective manner.
• Ability to use general office communication equipment
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127176
about 1 month ago