Work for Vail Resorts
Intermediate: Lift Maintenance Mechanic - Year Round, Full Time
Afton Alps, MN, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Lift Mechanics ensure the safety and reliability of our lifts and conveyors by monitoring, maintaining and repairing lift equipment in accordance with all applicable rules and regulations. The ideal candidate holds a competent skill set and demonstrates an ability to positively work as part of a larger team.
- Daily routine maintenance and upkeep of lifts and surrounding support structures
- Daily inspection checks
- Documentation of daily and monthly maintenance logs
- Climbing lift towers and terminal buildings
- Long term maintenance and rebuilding of components
- Electrical system troubleshooting
- Chair removal, repair, and installations
- Maintenance of gas back-up systems
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Various other jobs required in the operation of the ski area
- Minimum 3 years work experience in lifts and their components, electrical systems and drives or equivalent applicable experience.
- Must possess a High School diploma or GED - required
- Must possess a valid driver’s license - required
- Mechanics must possess their own tool set including, but not limited to: voltmeter and hand tools to perform necessary work
- All lift mechanics must be:
- Safety focused
- Positive attitude
- Able to climb lift towers and work at elevations
- Use PPE
For more information, please visit: www.aftonalps.com
As a Vail Resorts employee you get way more than a paycheck or even a ski pass. Our Total Rewards program gives employees access to some of the world’s most beautiful playgrounds and luxurious properties—and the goods to enjoy each of them to their fullest potential.
Some of the benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug plans
- 401 (k) Retirement Plan
- Retail discounts at SSV stores
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Auto, Home and Pet Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Free ski and snowboard pass to our world-class resorts; including Vail, Beaver Creek, Keystone and Breckenridge
Create incredible experiences for guests at the Midwest’s premier winter destination. In the scenic St. Croix River Valley, this big-time resort with a small town feel has converted thousands of first-timers into lifelong skiers and riders. This truly is where Epic begins for skiers of all levels and can be where your epic career begins, too. Become part of the Afton Alps family. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126942
Tourism - Travel
4 months ago