Work for Vail Resorts
Intermediate Cook - Vail Mountain Dining - FT & PT
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Intermediate Cook - Winter Seasonal - Vail, CO
This is an experienced cook with a strong work ethic and an interest in furthering one’s culinary career. Displays good culinary skills and has a general understanding of specific cooking techniques. Has basic knife skills, and the ability to develop competent knife skills.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Handle own fast casual station
- Work off prep list and complete station set up in time allotted
- Fabricate items to standard during service
- Complete prep list for next service period
- Inspect food preparation and serving areas within the restaurant to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food handling practices
- Understand and apply Vail Mountain Dining standards for speed and quality
- Practice good personal hygiene, safe food handling and culinary skills
- Practices HACCP principles
- Must be able to lift and carry 40+ lbs - required.
- Must be able to stand for 8+ hours - required.
- Must be fluent in English - required.
- Previous kitchen experience - required.
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 26th through January 2nd, Presidents’ Day Weekend, and any other holidays as requested - required.
- High school diploma or equivalent - preferred.
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 124144
Tourism - Travel
6 months ago