Work for Vail Resorts
Intermediate Cook - The Osprey - Beaver Creek, CO
Avon, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The intermediate cook is responsible for ensuring that all culinary food preparation is produced according to the Executive Chef’s high standards for quality, visual appeal and consistency. Capable of multi-tasking and completing tasks in a timely manner, according to the menu specifications and BEO requirements. Works with the highest quality products available and creates outstanding food items.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Culinary Degree/certificate. -preferred
- Proficient computer skills in Word, Excel, Outlook and POS systems. -preferred
- Must have Current certification in the state Professional Food Handler Program. -required
- 2 years of experience in a culinary position in an upscale, high volume hotel/resort or restaurant. -preferred
- Must be willing to purchase and wear slip resistant shoes within the first week of work. -required
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English. -required
- English/Spanish Bilingual. -preferred
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds. -required
- Must be able to stand and walk for up to 8 hours. -required
- Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. -required
- Must be able to work holidays, weekends and evenings. -required
- 2 satisfactory references. -required
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127575
21 days ago