Work for Vail Resorts
Intermediate Cook - The Marriott
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The intermediate cook is responsible for ensuring that all culinary food preparation is produced according to the Executive Chef’s high standards for quality, visual appeal and consistency. Capable of multi-tasking and completing tasks in a timely manner, according to the menu specifications and BEO requirements. Works with the highest quality products available and creates outstanding food items.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Represents the food production on a daily basis.
- Ensures that SOP's are followed.
- Enforces company policies ensuring they are in effect, including but not limited to: clean as you go, proper uniform worn, month end inventories taken, safety training on food handling equipment; accident reports written.
- Payroll procedures and time cards followed to include management only authorization of overtime.
- Follow requisition of food items policy.
- BEO's costed on daily basis.
- Recipe cards developed, followed and used in conjunction with use records.
- Update use records as needed.
- Follow-up on production charts to ensure no over producing and waste.
- Follow-up on taste panels.
- Assigns production and preparation levels based on projected business forecast.
- Indicates plan to work out any leftovers or dead items.
- Supervises and directs training in food production areas.
- Checks to see appropriate records are complete.
- Checks products to see that standards are being met.
- Checks products to see that they are properly rotated.
- Checks raw materials inventories to ensure no lack of hard to buy luxury items and directs these to the sous chef.
- All other projects as requested by supervisors.
- Culinary Degree/certificate. -preferred
- Proficient computer skills in Word, Excel, Outlook and POS systems. -preferred
- Must have Current certification in the state Professional Food Handler Program. -required
- 2 years of experience in a culinary position in an upscale, high volume hotel/resort or restaurant. -preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English. -required
- English/Spanish Bilingual. -preferred
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds. -required
- Must be able to stand and walk for up to 8 hours. -required
- Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. -required
- Must be able to work holidays, weekends and evenings. -required
- 2 satisfactory references. -required
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126459
5 months ago