Work for Vail Resorts
Intermediate Cook - The Lodge at Vail
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
- Functions as a interimedate cook.
- Set-up station properly and on time for each service period. Also be able to work live action stations.
- Make sure all food is prepared by recipes designated by supervisor.
- Follow “clean as you go” policy and keep work area clean at all times
- Rotation of foods – (FIFO) FIRST IN, FIRST OUT, label date and rotate, clean coolers and freezers.
- Follow all kitchen regulations as outlined and directed
- Be able to work in another area when needed and take part in cross-training when directed.
- Have Fun!!!
- 2 to 4 years culinary experience in a high volume hotel, resort or restaurant. -preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English. -required
- Ability to communicate in Spanish. -preferred
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. -required
- Must maintain a clean and safe work station. -required
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours. -required
- Must love to snowboard, ski, bike, hike or just enjoy the Colorado summer. A balance of work and personal life is key. -required
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125070
5 months ago