Work for Vail Resorts
Intermediate Cook - Park Avenue Pub
Breckenridge, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Park Avenue Pub F&B Intermediate Cook is a line cook in a fast paced culinary environment. You are responsible for ensuring that all Resort guests have the highest quality culinary experience possible while maintaining a profitable and environmentally aware department.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Under the leadership of the Hotel Chef and Lead Line Cook, handles all prep and line cook duties with attention to quality and consistency.
- Assists banquets, as required.
- Exhibits a professional demeanor through appearance and by maintaining a positive attitude toward all co-workers, managers and guests.
- Capable of working as a part of a cohesive culinary/kitchen team.
- Adheres to all brand standards to ensure that all guests have an outstanding culinary experience.
- Prepare food according to standardized recipes and portion controls.
- Assist in prepping all kitchen lines and re-stocking the lines, as necessary.
- Help to receive food and dry goods for the kitchen and properly account for such deliveries.
- Keep all coolers and walk-ins neat and clean.
- Properly store/cover all food items and rotate products for freshness.
- Help the Chef(s) maintain all par levels for the kitchen(s).
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years of culinary experience as a Line Cook in fast casual pub, high volume hotel/resort or restaurant
- Previous culinary experience. Culinary certificate/degree preferred
- Able to communicate effectively in English
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 119996
5 months ago