Work for Vail Resorts
Intermediate Cook - Edgewater Cafe
Keystone, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Intermediate Cook is a Line cook in fast paced culinary environment. Will prepare food according to standardized recipes and portion controls. Will assist in prepping all kitchen lines and re-stocking the lines, as necessary. Help to receive food and dry goods for the kitchen and properly account for such deliveries. Keep all coolers and walk-ins neat and clean. Properly store/cover all food items and rotate products for freshness. Help the Chef(s) maintain all par levels for the kitchen(s). Additional job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preps and works assigned station quickly and cleanly.
- Follows prep sheets accurately and with a sense of urgency.
- Prepares food to the specifications of the chef.
- Reads, understands, and follows recipes and standards.
- Takes responsibility for the product used in their outlet and manages it to assure a quality product.
- Rotates product and keeps a clean station.
- Responsible for production on own station and co-ordinates with lower rated cooks on their stations (Have a high level of kitchen awareness)
- Advises higher level cooks and/or managers of anticipated problems.
- Completes any reasonable task assigned by a supervisor.
- Demonstrate teamwork and cooperation with service staff.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous culinary experience.
- Has proficient knife skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand and walk briskly for up to 8 hours.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including weekends, holidays, early mornings, afternoons and evenings.
We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service, and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and vast options for adventure and exploring, you can join a community who loves where they live and love what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home, with its warmth, friendliness and unequaled eye for detail. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125631
3 months ago