Work for Vail Resorts
Intermediate Baker, The 10th Restaurant
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The 10th, Vail's critically acclaimed on-mountain fine-dining restaurant is looking for an INTERMEDIATE COOK to join our outstanding restaurant staff. The 10th serves an upscale sit-down lunch daily, complete with a boot room for guests to enjoy slippers while they dine! Located at the top of Gondola One at Mid-Vail, The 10th is accessed either by ski-in and ski-out during the day or via Vail’s brand new high tech Gondola One. Modern. Alpine. Inspired. The 10th redefines classic alpine cuisine and elevates service to new standards in Vail.
The 10th on Vail Mountain is seeking a talented, career-oriented individual with creativity, a passion for food, and who is committed to delivering excellence at all times. This individual is to possess intermediate baking techniques and skills, must have the ability to work unsupervised, and always has a sense of urgency. Applicants are expected to adhere to the company’s mission, vision and value statements. Individuals must be knowledgeable of the company’s policies and initiatives for Vail Mountain Dining, Environmental, and Health and Safety. This position will have specific responsibilities within these areas and individuals are expected to understand them.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for preparation of all baking needs for the service, line, events and special requests.
- Liaise with Supervisors, Sous Chefs, and Lead Warehouse Clerk daily to organize timely meal requirements ensuring consistency in quality, taste and presentation.
- Ensure all coolers, freezers and walk-ins are maintained at the company’s and health inspector’s food safety standards and HAACP standards including the daily logging of refrigerator and freezer temperatures.
- Follow and enforce kitchen safety regulations. In particular, 100% compliance of the cut glove policy.
- Execute special requests/first tracks breakfasts/groups/weddings/buy-out events needs as per banquet event orders.
- Assist other departments when need arises.
- Attend all trainings and classes as assigned or advised by Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned by your Supervisor or Senior Management.
- One year minimum pastry and baking experience in a fine dining and high volume establishment required.
- Ability to work with various bread and pastry dough and breakfast pastries required.
- Possess the following key essential qualities - adaptability, flexibility, positive attitude, even temperament and a keen eye for detail required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to lift 40+ lbs required.
- Ability to speak read and write in English required.
- Ability to work standing for 8+ hours required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older required.
- Flexibility in scheduling, ability to work weekends and holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 23rd to January 4th, President’s Day Weekend and other holidays as requested required.
- High Altitude pastry and baking experience preferred.
- High Volume baking experience preferred.
- ServeSafe or Food Handler’s certification (or be able to attain) - required
- Progressive culinary experience working in a kitchen with an emphasis on line cooking in fine dining and high volume preferred.
- Previous supervisory/managerial experience preferred
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125377
Tourism - Travel
6 months ago