Work for Vail Resorts
Ice Rink Attendant - The Arrabelle, a Rock Resort
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
This position is responsible for performing tasks associated with the maintenance and operations of the Ice Rink. Responsibilities will include routine maintenance, customer service, cash register operation, monitoring of the facility and maintenance duties on the grounds. Additionally, this position will assist customers with rentals, answer and direct telephone calls, operate cash registers and handle money, and enforce facility rules and regulations.
- Assists guests as needed, including rentals and various refreshments in order to provide convenient, courteous, efficient, fast, and flawless service.
- Performs general equipment maintenance and repair. Maintains equipment logs.
- Snow and ice removal to keep public walkways clear and clean.
- Maintains ice rink and grounds cleanliness including shoveling snow, sweeping, trash and recycling efforts.
- Educates and assists guests in the policies and procedures of the ice rink services.
- Keep work areas clean and organized according to standards.
- Promote all resort activities by discussing other department areas that may assist guests with a total resort experience. Must keep current with resort calendar – programs, events and activities.
- Maintains accurate knowledge of ice rink users, and rental schedules accordingly.
- Maintains proper and safe use of any assigned equipment, property, etc. Observe and practice safe work habits; maintain and monitor all training departmental and safety requirements to be legal, safe, & compliant.
- Maintain storage areas to ensure cleanliness and organization.
- Interfaces with resort concierge, front desk agents, and community businesses to promote and maintain rink activities and programs.
- Answers any questions or concerns regarding procedures, schedules, facilities and services.
- Attend departmental meetings as scheduled by resort management.
- Be familiar with all resort services, features and local attractions to respond to guest inquiries.
- Complies with all Resort policies, procedures and standards of operation.
- Performs any additional tasks or projects as required.
- High school or GED
- Word, Excel, Outlook preferred.
- CPR certification preferred.
- Previous ice skating, recreational or fitness background.
- Ability to effectively communicate in speaking and writing to guests and employees throughout the organization in English.
- Knowledge of Zamboni, edging machine, snow blower and ice skate sharpener preferred.
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126488
6 months ago