Work for Vail Resorts
Human Resources Senior Manager - Keystone Resort
Keystone, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Sr. HR Manager will work collaboratively as a Business Partner with Directors, Managers and teams from Keystone Mountain and other Vail Resorts teams sitting in Keystone, to provide professional human resources support in a variety of areas including, but not limited to: employee relations, recognition and engagement; leadership development, succession and performance management; hiring processes; employee housing and special projects. This position will work closely with the other HR team members to support all employees within Keystone including Hospitality. This position oversees an HR Generalist and the HR Operations team. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify problems and drive proactive solutions within prescribed company policies and the law.
- Provide guidance and support to leadership team in development of their team members and succession planning
- Assist in the development, documentation and recommendation of continuous improvement of HR processes, procedures and programs to deliver innovative solutions to meet our customer's needs through successful business partnering relationships.
- Effectively handle employee relations issues using strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills. Work with managers and supervisors in response to complaints and employee issues including investigating and providing guidance on necessary improvements/action plans in extremely confidential and sensitive circumstances.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of Keystone and Vail Resorts policies and programs, Code of Ethics, Mission, Values and Leadership Competencies.
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, and applicable laws regarding human resources. Ensure organizational compliance with all local, state and federal laws. Promote affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Ensure compliance with all safety and work rules and regulations.
- Work closely with Total Rewards (benefits, compensation, HR technology, payroll), Talent Management and Talent Acquisition to assist in achieving shared goals and resolve simple and complex issues in these areas.
- Support Talent Development offerings, driving appropriate participation by leaders and team members.
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to ensure adequate and timely staffing for all areas within Keystone
- Oversee and provide day to day coaching and direction to Keystone HR operations staff.
- Support HR Director in evolving and executing Keystone HR Strategic Plan
- Partner with HR team, the Vail Resorts Employee Housing Manager and 3rd party Keystone Housing team to ensure budgets, space allocations, personal safety, and housing related employee relations issues are effectively managed.
- Ensure all employees are treated with fairness and integrity through sound employment practices, consistent policy administration, and compliance with regulatory authorities.
- Work closely with the Keystone Employee Center to help support our company culture through employee events strategy, recognition programs and uniform program. Support the planning, communication and implementation of the events and programs.
- Assist in coordinating, promoting and implementing cultural, safety, developmental & guest service related initiatives.
- Bachelor degree in HR or related field or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years of experience in an HR Generalist role or equivalent, preferred
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience, preferred
- Strong coaching skills and the ability to closely partner with managers at all levels to develop and implement successful outcomes
- Strong experience in conducting investigations. Ability to investigate and resolve extremely confidential and sensitive issues timely.
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and performance management, applicant tracking, and HRIS management systems, (preferably SuccessFactors and PeopleSoft.) Possess the ability to quickly learn new applications and programs.
- Thorough knowledge of HR practices, procedures and laws/regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment in decision-making.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills needed to manage multiple assignments in a rapidly changing environment.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to maintain composure under pressure and consistently present a professional and positive demeanor.
- Flexibility in work schedule, must be willing to work some weekends, evenings & holidays.
- Fluent in all aspects of the English language
- Previous resort, golf or hospitality HR experience, preferred
- PHR or SPHR certification, preferred
We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service, and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and vast options for adventure and exploring, you can join a community who loves where they live and love what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home, with its warmth, friendliness and unequaled eye for detail. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125188
Tourism - Travel
5 months ago