Work for Vail Resorts
Human Resources Manager - Heavenly, CA
South Lake Tahoe, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Summary: We are not your average Human Resources Department, and therefore, we are not looking for an average Human Resources Professional. Here at Heavenly, we have a passion for fun and an eye for innovation. We are dynamic, ever changing and looking for someone who can keep up with that pace. We want you to bring your experience to the team, yes, but we also want you to leave your expectations of a typical HR routine at the door. Only the brave, ambitious and passionate need apply!
- Help us build a great team, both inside and outside of HR. Oversee the HR Specialist, Front Desk and Uniform Room staff, with heavy concentration of developing the team’s business partner focus within the resort. Coach and develop the team.
- Help us make the employee experience awesome! Actively seek to improve the employee experience by partnering with groups such as Street Team and creating, overseeing employee events.
- Help us to make this resort even better! Build a strategic and purposeful approach with departments, be an influencer among the assigned client group.
- Help us to make our P&P best in class. Assist in the development, documentation and recommendation of continuous improvement of HR processes, procedures or programs to deliver innovative solutions to meet customer’s needs.
- Understand our business; maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of the properties and Vail Resorts policies, code of ethics, mission, vision and values.
- Help us to deal with the tough stuff, too. Effectively handle employee relations issues using excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Handle/resolve extremely confidential and sensitive issues in partnership of the Sr. HR Manager and Director. Investigate confidential issues/complaints and counsel/coach employees and managers on employee relation matters.
- Be proactive; identify problems and drive solutions within prescribed company policy and/or the law.
- Be a business partner locally and throughout the organization; work closely with benefits, compensation, organizational development, HR technology, corporate recruiting, and payroll departments to assist and resolve simple and complex issues in these areas.
- Act with integrity. Help us to ensure that all employees are treated with fairness through sound employment practices, consistent policy administration, and compliance with regulatory authorities.
- Flex your HR Muscles; maintain current knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, and applicable laws regarding human resources. Ensure organizational compliance with all local, state and federal regulatory agencies. Promote affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Ensure compliance with all safety and work rules and regulations.
- We may come up with more awesomeness to add to these responsibilities, so, please assume it doesn’t end here!
- 5-8 Years of experience in Human Resources, preferably, at the Generalist level or above
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field, or, previous experience commensurate with a degree
- PHR/SPHR/SHRM-CP preferred
- This job spends a good deal of time on a PC—it is going to be imperative that you know how to use one without instruction
- Must be a person of great integrity; we need to trust you with confidential stuff
- Must be a person of great professionalism, even when the going gets tough
If you want to work for a different kind of ski resort, you’ve found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127224
Tourism - Travel
2 months ago