Work for Vail Resorts
Human Resources Generalist - Keystone Resort
Keystone, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Keystone Ski Resort HR Team is looking for a collaborative HR Generalist to provide professional support in a variety of areas including employee relations, leadership development, performance management, employee engagement, process improvement, recruitment, termination, and special projects. Specifically, the individual selected will:
- Assist in the continuous improvement, development, documentation and recommendation of HR processes, procedures or programs to deliver innovative solutions to meet customer's needs.
- Maintain a collaborative partnership with operating and administrative departmental managers across Keystone to ensure Human Resources principles are being applied consistently and effectively while ensuring compliance with employment laws and regulatory requirements.
- Effectively and confidentially resolve and/or investigate employee relations issues using excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of the properties and Vail Resorts policies, code of ethics, mission, vision and values.
- Identify problems and drive proactive solutions within prescribed company policy and/or the law.
- Work closely with benefits, compensation, organizational development, HR technology, corporate recruiting, and payroll departments
- Ensure that all employees are treated with fairness and integrity through sound employment practices, consistent policy administration, and compliance with regulatory authorities.
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, and applicable laws regarding human resources. Ensure organizational compliance with all local, state and federal regulatory agencies. Promote affirmative action and equal employment opportunity.
- Assist employees with performance management systems, reward strategy and communication, cash compensation programs, progressive discipline and other training needs.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and work rules and regulations.
- Assist with coaching and developing the HR team for optimal performance
- High school diploma or equivalent – required
- Prior HR experience - required
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field - preferred
- PHR/SPHR - preferred
- Previous experience in an HR Generalist role - preferred
- Experience conducting compliance investigations - preferred
- Solid computer skills including but not limited to MS Office and the ability to learn new applications and programs - required.
- Experience in Peoplesoft and SuccessFactors is a plus
- Fluent in English, Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, complex environment and serve as an advisor and trusted confidant to the leadership team of the resort.
- Ability to handle/resolve extremely confidential and sensitive issues
- Thorough knowledge of human resources practices, procedures and laws/regulations
- Demonstrated ability using sound judgment in decision-making
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills necessary to manage multiple assignments in a rapidly changing environment
- Detail-oriented, the ability to maintain composure under pressure and a professional and positive attitude
We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service, and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and vast options for adventure and exploring, you can join a community who loves where they live and love what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home, with its warmth, friendliness and unequaled eye for detail. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127730
about 1 month ago