Work for Vail Resorts
Houseperson - Vail Marriott
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Houseperson - Vail Marriott - Year Round- Full Time - Vail, CO
The magnitude of beauty at the Vail Marriott Mountain Resort (http://www.vailmarriott.com) is one that defines the elegance of a European Chateau with the back drop of the Rocky Mountains. The Vail Marriott Mountain Resort is now hiring a Houseperson.
The Houseperson is responsible for cleaning and maintaining public areas of the hotel, assisting room attendants with general cleaning of guest rooms. This includes vacuuming, shampooing of carpets; cleaning/waxing of floors; trash removal; stocking and maintaining supply rooms and other cleaning duties.
- Walk assigned floors at beginning and end of shift; remove newspapers and service trays, empty ash urns, remove trash and/or linens and note any areas that need immediate cleaning.
- Clean public areas - hallways, elevators, service areas, stairwells, etc.
- Remove dirty linen, terry and trash from the service areas and take to the appropriate locations.
- Assist sectional housekeepers as needed (i.e. moving furniture, roll-ways, etc.)
- Reporting missing or damaged articles, and submit all found items to Loss Prevention.
- Respond to guest requests and questions and report guest issues and complaints in a hospitable manner to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Ensure that all the hallways are clear of trash and used room service trays have been taken to the Stewarding department.
- Reports the need for floor cleaning/polishing and carpet shampoo; coordinates and uses equipment to conduct cleaning procedures.
- Arrange the newspapers and magazines in the lobby; clearing tables of used materials and/or trash.
- Report any maintenance issues in a timely manner to ensure all items are logged.
- Transport baby cribs and rollaway beds to the guest rooms.
- Ensures the department leads the charge in regard to recycling efforts and environmental initiatives.
- Performs any additional tasks or projects as required.
- Ability to communicate to guests and employees in English. -required
- High School Diploma or GED. -preferred
- Housekeeping experience. -preferred
- Guest Service experience. -preferred
- Attention to detail. -required
- Team oriented and dedicated to providing excellent service. -required
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. -required
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time. -required
- Must be able to bend, crouch, crawl, climb and kneel. -required
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and evenings. -required
- Two satisfactory references. -required
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 122346
4 months ago