Work for Vail Resorts
Housekeeping Team Lead - Mountain Thunder Lodge
Breckenridge, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
This job is great for those who aren’t afraid to roll their sleeves up and who like working with a great team!
Assists the Executive Housekeeper and Assistant Executive Housekeeper in supervising housekeeping personnel and ensures that established standards of cleanliness are maintained. Ensures that accurate and timely information on room status is communicated to the housekeeping office and front desk while proper documentation is maintained. You are directly responsible for ensuring staff is meeting standards on a daily basis. You will be assigned a daily section of rooms to oversee and ensure that the rooms are perfect before reporting them to be ready for an arriving guest to check in.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Supervision and ongoing training of Housekeepers, Inspectors and Hospitality Attendants
• Continuous visual inspections of Condominiums to ensure everything is clean and in working order
• Ensure proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies by monitoring usage, providing complete training for employees and ensuring proper labeling of hazardous supplies in accordance with OSHA regulations
• Foster the departments safety culture through training, enforcing company guidelines and accountability
• Provide staff, training, coaching and performance reviews for the housekeeping department
• Celebrate successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members
• Other duties as assigned
- Walking outside between building - winter condition included.
- Experience in housekeeping operations - preferred
- Experience in a supervisory position - preferred
- Microsoft office especially Excel and Outlook - required
- Knowledge of LMS and PeopleSoft - preferred
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record - preferred
- Strong communication skills - required
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. - required
- Able to stand for long periods of time in excess of 5 hours without sitting - required
- Experience on Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer) - preferred
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal - required
- Spanish - preferred
- High school diploma - required
- Detail oriented; self motivated; good communication skills; guest service oriented - required
- Willing to work weekends, holidays, and evenings as needed - required
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126575
3 months ago