Work for Vail Resorts
Housekeeping Manager - The Arrabelle at Vail Square
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts.
You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're ambitious, brave and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team.
Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us.
Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Housekeeping Manager - Full Time - Year Round - The Arrabelle at Vail Square
The Arrabelle is a luxury Vail hotel ideally located in the heart of the much-acclaimed Vail Square. Nestled against the base of North America's #1 ski resort, just footsteps from the Eagle Bahn gondola, The Arrabelle at Vail Square was inspired by the classic grand alpine hotels of Europe. Here at The Arrabelle, exceptional Vail accommodations, supreme mountain resort amenities, and timeless elegance and charm come together like never before. Hotel amenities include 60 luxury hotel rooms and suites, Tavern on the Square, a European-style pub with indoor and outdoor dining, RockResorts Spa® and fitness center.
Responsible for assisting with the management of the daily operations of the Housekeeping department, including the laundry, to ensure the highest levels of cleanliness and guest satisfaction are maintained. This position will provide supervision of guest rooms and public areas, and direction for all housekeeping activities including scheduling, staffing, room inspections, training and development of employees. This person will also be responsible for the deep cleans, tracking of lost and found, inventories, owner housekeeping billing, guest services,pre-cons and client representation as well as all offsite rental operations housekeeping.
This person will be responsible for the following:
- Housekeeping management of Game Creek, Gore Creek and Landmark rental properties and HomeCares.
- Guest Services, including guest follow up, rebound reports and client representation to group contacts.
- Public Area, lobby, landings, storage closets and guestroom cleanliness.
- Brand standards passing score, auditing and maintaining this standard in all hotel areas
- High level of productivity
- Staffing and training, scheduling
- Linen inventories x2 annually
- Uniform system management and tracking/inventory
- Laundry operations(staffing, training, purchasing)
- High level of accountability for training and standards
- Provides supervision and direction for all Housekeeping activities of the hotel to ensure the highest levels of cleanliness and guest satisfaction are maintained.
- Exhibits a professional demeanor through appearance and by maintaining a positive attitude toward all employees and guests.
- Monitor house count and make staffing adjustments accordingly.
- Distribute and delegate work load to guarantee maximum production and guest satisfaction with minimum outlay of expenses in terms of labor and materials.
- Continuous visual inspection of guest rooms and public space areas including restaurants, lounges, meeting rooms, etc.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
- Investigates complaints, evaluates corrective actions, and implements plan to resolve and de-escalate conflicts.
- Ensure proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies by monitoring usage, providing complete training for employees and ensuring proper labeling of hazardous supplies in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction in assigning and instructing housekeeping and laundry staff in details of work.
- Prepares professional correspondence for customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance. Adheres to department budget.
- Provide staffing, training, coaching and performance reviews for the housekeeping department.
- Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Evaluate condition of furniture, fixtures, decor, etc. Make recommendations and assist in the coordination of rehab projects.
- Develops strong working relationships with other department managers and directors to ensure communication and teamwork is at an optimum.
- Complies with all Rock Resort policies, procedures and standards of operation.
- Empowers team members to provide excellent customer service.
- Ensures the Housekeeping Department leads the charge in regard to recycling efforts and environmental initatives.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy, and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Performs any additional tasks or projects as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent. -required
- Minimum one year of resort housekeeping experience. -required
- Previous supervisory or management experience in a guest service setting. -required
- Basic computer skills. -required
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally in English. -required
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. -required
- Must be able stand for long periods of time and be able to access all areas of the resort. -required
- College degree in a Hospitality Management program. -preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook. -preferred
- Experience with LMS. -preferred
- Bi-lingual in Spanish. -preferred
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service.
Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching.
Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
18 days ago