Work for Vail Resorts
Housekeeper - Year Round - Elkhorn Lodge
Avon, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
An opportunity to work at RockResorts/Vail Resorts Hospitality ("RR/VRH") is an opportunity to bring out your full passion for everything our company stands for, including our commitment to our product, the communities we live in, the environment and our shareholders. Our employees are good at what they do, and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm and pride to work.
Housekeeper is responsible for the general cleaning and upkeep of guestrooms and other assigned areas to include public areas.
- Cleaning guest rooms/condominiums, including the making of beds and/or changing of bed linen; cleaning of bathrooms; dusting all furniture, pictures, window ledges and shelves; vacuuming all carpeted area and removal of trash.
- Stock rooms with amenities such as bottled water, towels, Kleenexes etc.
- Employees may also help with turndown service.
- Assist in cleaning of common areas of the hotel or condo such as bathrooms, hallways, lobbies or recreation areas..
- Reports lost items found to Housekeeping Office/Management. Records in Lost/Found log book located in Housekeeping office
- Maintain and clean working equipment in top condition
- Maintaining carts, linen rooms, and Housekeeping equipment and supplies in a neat and orderly fashion
- Comply with OSHA standards for chemical handling
- Ensure that any item or part found in the room pertaining to engineering is not thrown away
- Ensure room is not missing any parts to functionality of guests stay (tub stoppers, paper holders, etc)
- Participation in training classes set up by RockResorts and Vail Resorts.
- Complies with all Resort policies, procedures and standards of operation.
- Ensures the department leads the charge in regard to recycling efforts and environmental initiatives.
Schedule: 5 days a week. 8am - 4:30pm. Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Basic English - Preferred
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to stand for long periods of time in excess of 4 hours without sitting.
- Able to reach, balance, crouch, stoop and bend frequently throughout the day.
- Attention to detail
- Team oriented
- Dedicated to providing excellent customer service and ensuring that the company standards are met
- High school diploma or equivalent - Preferred
- Daily responsibilities will involve the use of radios, phones, cleaning supplies, broom, mop, pushing a cleaning cart and vacuum
- In person interviews- preferred
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127913 ELJ
6 months ago