Work for Vail Resorts
Host - The 10th Restaurant - Full Time & Part Time
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The 10th, Vail's critically acclaimed on-mountain fine-dining restaurant is looking for a HOST/HOSTESS to join our outstanding restaurant staff. The 10th serves lunch daily and is located at the top of Gondola One at Mid-Vail, The 10th is accessed either by ski-in and ski-out during the day or via Vail’s brand new high tech Gondola One. Modern. Alpine. Inspired. The 10th redefines classic alpine cuisine and elevates service to new standards in Vail.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The host/hostess is responsible for greeting and seating all guests, by name when possible.
- Responsible for taking care of future reservations and maintaining wait lists.
- Assists and helps managers in controlling the flow of guests and seats them promptly.
- Answers phones and works with other personnel as needed to maintain the dining areas.
- Is able to acknowledge and cater to Vail Mountain Club members while balancing public dining needs.
- Must be willing and able to help set up, and bus tables when needed.
- Assist with basic maintenance and general stocking of guest restrooms.
- Keep the boot/slipper room clean and tidy before, throughout, and after the shift.
- Team-oriented attitude is a must!
- Must understand OpenTable, or be willing to learn the computer program - required.
- Must be able to stand for 8+ hours - required.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Must be fluent in English - required.
- High school diploma or equivalent - preferred.
- Previous restaurant or customer service experience - preferred.
- Must be available to work holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 26th through January 2nd, Presidents’ Day Weekend, and any other holidays as requested -required.
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125368
Tourism - Travel
4 months ago