Work for Vail Resorts
Host / Hostess - Bistro Fourteen
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Named after the view of the fourteen thousand foot Mount of the Holy Cross, Bistro Fourteen offers casual, sit-down dining with a full bar at the top of the Eagle Bahn Gondola (#19). Perfect for lunch, après, or a post-Adventure Ridge appetite, Bistro Fourteen's variety of menu items has something for the whole family, including a full $10 kid’s menu. Open both summer and winter.
Responsibilites include, but are not limited to:
- The host/hostess is responsible for greeting and seating all guests, by name if possible.
- Responsible for taking care of future reservations and maintaining wait lists.
- Assists and helps managers in controlling the flow of guests and seat them promptly.
- Answers phones and works with other personnel as needed to maintain the dining areas.
- Must be willing and able to help set up, and bus tables when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Team-oriented attitude is a must - required.
- Must understand OpenTable, or be willing to learn the program - required.
- Must be able to stand for 8+ hours - required.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40+ lbs - required.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays - required.
- Must be fluent in English - required.
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 26th through January 2nd, Presidents’ Day Weekend, and any other holidays as requested - required.
- High school diploma or equivalent - preferred.
- Previous restaurant or customer service experience - preferred.
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126683
Tourism - Travel
about 1 month ago