Work for Vail Resorts
Hospitality Marketing Manager
Breckenridge, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Hospitality Marketing Manager will be primarily responsible for driving hotel and managed property revenue and room night occupancy at the Resort. This person will lead the development of marketing programs, initiatives and oversee marketing programs to drive lodging occupancy as well as revenue streams associated with accommodations, restaurants, spas, and meeting and leisure facilities in our resort lodging properties.
The Hospitality Marketing Manager will also work closely with third party lodging properties and community organizations to partner on collective initiatives to help drive destination visitors to the destination.
The ideal candidate must have experience in resort or hospitality marketing, and a strong understanding of the factors that influence the lodging industry, including an understanding of revenue management and pricing strategies. The Hospitality Marketing Manager will build promotional lodging offers, oversee creative design, placement and listing strategy. He/she must work closely with executive staff, marketing and revenue management teams to help forecast and react to forward-looking booking and occupancy levels.
The position incorporates a critical set of responsibilities covering a wide range of advertising media, creative development, planning and execution, website platform oversight, and complex promotional executions. This position will be part of the Resort Marketing team, and will also require involvement in other resort-related marketing initiatives, including but not limited to, content development, product creation and event management.
The Hospitality Marketing Manager must be a good communicator that is able to give and take feedback, as well as effectively collaborate with team members and prioritize workflow. He/she will have their hands in many different types of projects and be responsible for delivering results on-time in a very fast-paced environment. Flexibility and a positive attitude are crucial, as well as the ability to process and determine strategy from multiple data sources.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop lodging package offers and draft all lodging package copy.
- Develop an annual strategic marketing plan
- Direct creative and messaging elements; ensure due dates, creative fulfillment to vendors and optimization to ROI performance.
- Oversee in-house food & beverage marketing design and collateral pieces.
- Orchestrate all hospitality photography and video shoots. Arrange shot-lists/schedules, property access, talent, etc.; Support & Maintain extensive property photography library.
- Communicate performance metrics with stakeholders such as analytics of occupancy trending, campaign performance by property and impact to the business.
- Direct all SEO, SEM, CRM , and advertising creative development and execution
- Work closely with the Corporate Hospitality Marketing Managers, the Media Team, and other internal partners to execute company-wide promotions
- Direct content/photography and listings on all OTA websites (Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripAdvisor, etc).
- Produce and publish content forweb platforms =
- Manage the marketing financials (budgets/forecasts/billing)
- Direct Marketing Specialists on hospitality marketing specific projects.
- Develop and manage content plan for Resort to drive guest visits
- Work closely with Group Sales to help drive business and support sales goals
- Develop new products and assist with maximizing all channels to drive additional upsell revenue opportunities
- Partner with the Brand Experience team on event marketing strategy and execution
- Four-year college degree required. Emphasis in marketing, business and/or communications preferred.
- Five years of marketing work experience. Hospitality experience is a must.
- Previous supervisory experience
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and simple html
- Excellent English language and writing skills.
- Excellent bookkeeping and accounting skills.
- High degree of organization, attention to details and level of professional conduct. Self-starter, ambitious and multi-tasker.
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126405
4 months ago