Work for Vail Resorts
Guest Services / Ticket Scanning Lead
Avon, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Guest Services Lead will be responsible for providing an exceptional guest experience in any task performed at the resort.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Solve ticket/pass problems in the lift line, quickly and effectively with a high level of guest service, diplomacy, and tact
- Work as a team member while supervising a small group between 6- 8 staff members to make sure all guests are scanned properly revenue collected and guests are greeted
- Provide supervision and give direction to crew with respect to skier safety, guest services tasks in the village and on the mountain. Assist with scheduling, ongoing training and development of Guest Service team
- Assist in trail maintenance, opening/closing trails and other mountain operations as directed
- Be able to pass ski or ride evaluation at a level 6 or above to perform any on mountain task
- Protect against the fraudulent use of ticket and pass products.
- Expand understanding of product offerings and scope of services, throughout the resort, in order to efficiently answer questions and resolve issues.
- Troubleshoot any issues with handheld scanning devices.
- Monitor and maintain facilities, equipment and accompanying signage.
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience working a front line or guest facing position - required
- High School Diploma or equivalent - required
- At least an intermediate skier and/or snowboarder - required
- Able to work outdoors in all mountain winter weather conditions - required
- Able to stand for up to 8 hours during a shift without sitting - required
- Able to lift and carry 50lbs - required
- Ability to handle frequent guest interactions, maintaining high service standards at all times - required
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays - required
- Be able to visually inspect passes and hear the scan gun
- Must be able to handle guest issues with diplomacy and tact
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Prior experience supervising or leading a crew - preferred
- Familiarity with Beaver Creek Mountain and surrounding area - highly preferred
- Schedule: 5 days/week, 8 hours/day. Approximately 7:30am - 4:00pm. Must be able to work weekends and holidays as required
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125590
Tourism - Travel
about 1 month ago