Work for Vail Resorts
Guest Services Attendant - Full Time & Part Time
Kirkwood, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Summary: The Guest Service Attendant is responsible for creating warm and welcome first impressions to our guests by greeting them in various locations throughout the resort. Provide information, directions, and product knowledge regarding ALL resort services to guests throughout the day. Offer expert advice regarding offerings, village services and activities, shopping, dining, and regional highlights. Actively participate in snow removal, de-icing and edging.
Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Greet guests and initiate conversation, answer questions that guests may have pertaining to the Village, services of the mountain and local area.
- Directs guests to the appropriate areas including, but not limited to, ticket windows, season pass office, ski and snowboard school, dining options, retail, rentals, restrooms, phones, lost and found, lockers, etc.
- Provides awareness to guests about the responsibility code and mountain etiquette.
- Resolve guest issues in a sincere and timely manner following the company Make the Guest Right program.
- Distribute and provide all Village and resort communication pieces, including mountain maps.
- Contribute to team effort by participating in Job Sharing, assuming responsibility for the cleanliness of the resort and safety of guests and employees; participating in safety meetings; accepting diverse assignments; maintain a positive and friendly attitude and demeanor in all internal and external interactions.
- Meet guest, employee, safety, and financial objectives and department goals as set forth by immediate supervisor.
- Flexible working hours.
- Work to remove all potential frustrations and distractions to the overall enjoyment of the resort. This includes assuming personal responsibility for resort appearance, grey wagons, signage, services, etc. either by taking the initiative to solve the problem, or alert the appropriate responsible parties.
- Create emotional connection with Village and resort guests through sincere interactions, sharing personal stories and recommendations.
- Maintain constant awareness and inform guests of special events schedule including mountain and Village events, live music, promotions and special activities.
- Practice ‘assertive service’ by seeking opportunities to interact with guests – approach them, don’t wait for them to approach you.
- All duties and responsibilities within the Guest Services department.
- Providing 100% accurate communication to all guests and employees.
- Being the face of Kirkwood and responsibly represent Kirkwood in all environments.
- Process and deliver resort communication (snow reports, etc) to assigned outlets.
- Work with Group Sales and help organize and escort ski groups to proper location(s) at the resort.
- Ability to adhere to required responsibilities in an unsupervised environment.
- Assist Base Operations with opening duties and daily resort readiness.
- Maintaining a professional and friendly attitude in all extremes of weather and in all dealings with guests;
- Tracking and logging of Lost and Found items and helping return the items to the Guest.
- Recognize existing and potential problems and suggest resolutions.
- Greet and engage guest as they arrive and leave Kirkwood Mountain Resort.
- Guest point of contact for any and all questions and needs to help create the ‘Experience of a Lifetime’.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with office equipment such as multi-line phones, copiers, fax as well as a basic experience with Microsoft’s Word, Excel, and Outlook is required.
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English.
- High volume customer service skills.
- Guest Service/Customer Service experience;
- Ability to work in all weather conditions including snow and sunshine;
- Ability to stand for long periods of time;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to lift/carry 50 lbs.
- An outstanding personality that is approachable, friendly, and outgoing.
- Ability to multitask, stay calm in stressful situations, and work independently with minimal supervision.
Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We’re famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126876
Tourism - Travel
3 months ago